Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

SOS - My A65 has been drawned!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 12:45 PM

I have been waiting for a very long time to buy my very first Digital SLR from Sony. Unfortunately with the latest news from Sony Alpha Rumors, I feel pessimistic if I could buy A65 from Amazon before end of the year.
I can't do much except waiting till the water recedes. In the mean time many foreign investors are angry with the Thai !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Oct 2011 - 12:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 1:01 PM

So buy something that is in stock......Smile

Lots to choose from in this world of plenty......Grin

User_Removed
25 Oct 2011 - 1:49 PM

Quote: In the mean time many foreign investors are angry with the Thai !

You are having a laugh, right?

Foreign "investors" such as Canon, Sony and Nikon rush to exploit the Thai cheap labour in their obscene quest for profits and then get "angry with the Thai" when a natural disaster hits them in their moronic capitalist pockets! (or was the deliberate spelling error in your post "mean time"?

By the way, until I read about this in last week's AP, I had not realised that 90% of Nikon dSLRs were built in Thailand. Seems that those of us who take an ethical stand and would not dream of buying anything other than "Fair Trade" coffee or peanuts from third-world countries, have no such compunctions in relation to our cameras.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Oct 2011 - 1:56 PM
mikehit
mikehit  56341 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 1:58 PM

Unfortunately it is all the high-volume consumer products - the ones which actually make the money.

kombizz
25 Oct 2011 - 3:01 PM

Quote: So buy something that is in stock......Smile

Lots to choose from in this world of plenty......Grin

Thank you for piece of advice. Unfortunately my photography system is Minolta!
So I don't have much choices.

kombizz
25 Oct 2011 - 3:04 PM

Quote: In the mean time many foreign investors are angry with the Thai !

You are having a laugh, right?

Foreign "investors" such as Canon, Sony and Nikon rush to exploit the Thai cheap labour in their obscene quest for profits and then get "angry with the Thai" when a natural disaster hits them in their moronic capitalist pockets! (or was the deliberate spelling error in your post "mean time"?

By the way, until I read about this in last week's AP, I had not realised that 90% of Nikon dSLRs were built in Thailand. Seems that those of us who take an ethical stand and would not dream of buying anything other than "Fair Trade" coffee or peanuts from third-world countries, have no such compunctions in relation to our cameras.

. . . .perhaps because 'WE' are all selfish!

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2011 - 12:11 AM

If you read the article in detail you might find what it is that they are angry about, it is the lack of clarity of information and lack of clarity on the situation. It is not about what has happened or even being angry about the fact it happened, but could someone tell them how bad is the situation and how long will it take to fix rather just say its OK.

Next ethics. Putting business in Thailand is about spreading the economic benefits. Yes the products are lower cost than say Europe, USA or Japan, but perversely it is adding wealth into the Thai economy and so is adding money they would not have. To my knowledge it is fair trade. OK lets assume the western economies do not but from them, then yes you will more jobs in the west and a lot of electrical goods will rise in price a bit, but perversely you will have also taken money away from the Thai economy so have pushed them more into poverty.

So if we are to address world poverty are you saying we should not do trade with the less developed countries? Are you saying that companies like Nikon and Sony are not performing fair trade? To my knowledge they are putting in a lot of money into those economies, and for the residents they offer good working conditions and high levels of pay. Plus they help those companies create more affordable products. Is that not the definition of a "Win Win" situation, we all benefit? Would you rather we just paid more tax and gave the Thai economy money for free?

the company I am involved with has been hit by this issue, as have many electronics companies. But you need to understand the electronics market is a world one, where many people benefit and it is not all exploitation. Also the worst thing for the Thai government is for us all to re-source to other countries permanently, as suddenly those poor people who have been subjected to floods etc could find themselves out of a job too, compounding the disaster.

As this post pointed out the companies need to have a way of keeping products in the market or people move to another companies product. So it is in the Thai governments interests to be open and honest on the situation otherwise the companies will have no option but to permanently remove the products as they need to keep production in order to stay in business.

Remember Thailand is a favoured support country to Japan, which itself was hit with a terrible natural disaster earlier this year. So Japan based technology companies like Nikon, Canon, Sony etc are suffering a double hit so introduction of new product dates are probably racing backwards as their engineering teams will be rushing through alternative component qualifications rather than new product introductions.

In that light is the delay of A65 products by a couple of months that important. If you have been hanging onto old Minolta products this long what is a couple of months?

kombizz
26 Oct 2011 - 7:07 AM

Quote: If you read the article in detail you might find what it is that they are angry about, it is the lack of clarity of information and lack of clarity on the situation. It is not about what has happened or even being angry about the fact it happened, but could someone tell them how bad is the situation and how long will it take to fix rather just say its OK.

Next ethics. Putting business in Thailand is about spreading the economic benefits. Yes the products are lower cost than say Europe, USA or Japan, but perversely it is adding wealth into the Thai economy and so is adding money they would not have. To my knowledge it is fair trade. OK lets assume the western economies do not but from them, then yes you will more jobs in the west and a lot of electrical goods will rise in price a bit, but perversely you will have also taken money away from the Thai economy so have pushed them more into poverty.

So if we are to address world poverty are you saying we should not do trade with the less developed countries? Are you saying that companies like Nikon and Sony are not performing fair trade? To my knowledge they are putting in a lot of money into those economies, and for the residents they offer good working conditions and high levels of pay. Plus they help those companies create more affordable products. Is that not the definition of a "Win Win" situation, we all benefit? Would you rather we just paid more tax and gave the Thai economy money for free?

the company I am involved with has been hit by this issue, as have many electronics companies. But you need to understand the electronics market is a world one, where many people benefit and it is not all exploitation. Also the worst thing for the Thai government is for us all to re-source to other countries permanently, as suddenly those poor people who have been subjected to floods etc could find themselves out of a job too, compounding the disaster.

As this post pointed out the companies need to have a way of keeping products in the market or people move to another companies product. So it is in the Thai governments interests to be open and honest on the situation otherwise the companies will have no option but to permanently remove the products as they need to keep production in order to stay in business.

Remember Thailand is a favoured support country to Japan, which itself was hit with a terrible natural disaster earlier this year. So Japan based technology companies like Nikon, Canon, Sony etc are suffering a double hit so introduction of new product dates are probably racing backwards as their engineering teams will be rushing through alternative component qualifications rather than new product introductions.

In that light is the delay of A65 products by a couple of months that important. If you have been hanging onto old Minolta products this long what is a couple of months?

Why don't you keep your speech for in Fairtrade Fortnight which will held next year toward end of Feb 2012. You may read further here.
I will attend this important meeting.
See Ya!

User_Removed
26 Oct 2011 - 8:12 AM

Why don't you keep your links for Spam Week Wink See Ya!

mikehit
26 Oct 2011 - 8:49 AM

Goodness - has someone managed to yank Kombizz's chain on ethical issues? It seems his indignation only goes as far as the Middle East.

Last Modified By mikehit at 26 Oct 2011 - 8:49 AM
kombizz
26 Oct 2011 - 9:54 AM

Almost 47 factories including those of Toshiba and Sony located in Bangkadi Industrial Estate in Pathum.
Damage estimated by flood reached to 30 billion baht.
To read more please click here.
I guess I have to wait longer till middle of next year and I missed so many photography oppourtunities including the event of Fairtrade Fortnight.
Shame

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2011 - 12:54 PM

Quote: Why don't you keep your speech for in Fairtrade Fortnight which will held next year toward end of Feb 2012

??? Sorry I pointed out why the investors were angry as your phrasing could be misleading and pointed out how those companies could be working in the manner fair trade want and you are upset?????????

Sorry if you do not want replies do not post the topic.

Which fair trade event in specific are you attending?

kombizz
26 Oct 2011 - 1:17 PM

Quote: Why don't you keep your speech for in Fairtrade Fortnight which will held next year toward end of Feb 2012 ??? Sorry I pointed out why the investors were angry as your phrasing could be misleading and pointed out how those companies could be working in the manner fair trade want and you are upset?????????

Sorry if you do not want replies do not post the topic.

Which fair trade event in specific are you attending?

Sorry, I felt you attacked to the link I put it in my answer.
I simply seeking for my A65 which may completely soaked with plenty of water and oil perhaps.

mikehit
26 Oct 2011 - 2:27 PM

What has oil got to do with it? You do e-speak a load of garbage sometimes.

User_Removed
26 Oct 2011 - 5:32 PM

In your avatar you are carrying a meaty looking Canon outfit. Probably better sticking with that meantime until Sony supplies start flowing again (no pun intended).

Last Modified By User_Removed at 26 Oct 2011 - 5:32 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.