Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Sound of Flak


19 Feb 2011 8:42PM
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you noticed the recent mention of ' Sound of Flak ' in the epz newsletter. It's a band consisting of myself and Pete. We do all sorts of different types of music and we have a few tracks online to listen to.

So, did you notice it and what did you think?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Feb 2011 8:49PM
Didn't notice it....

But enjoying what I'm hearing whilst I type this reply!

(And this from a real 'Die-Hard' rock merchant!! Wink)
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Feb 2011 8:50PM
Mods!!! Delete this thread - 'Self-Promotion'!!
19 Feb 2011 8:50PM

Quote:And this from a real 'Die-Hard' rock merchant!!


thanks for listening, I reckon that with that you might enjoy some of our stuff we are working on now "in the studio".
19 Feb 2011 8:51PM

Quote:Mods!!! Delete this thread - 'Self-Promotion'!!


lol, i am a mod Tongue and the other member is the site owner so double Tongue Tongue
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Feb 2011 8:54PM
(Don't I know it... Ask 'im!! Sad Sad Sad)

Grin
Grin
19 Feb 2011 8:55PM
Grin all in good fun Grin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Feb 2011 8:55PM
No doubt you are both donating a suitable amount into the advertising budget for this? Grin

Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others......................
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Feb 2011 8:57PM

Quote:Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others


ROCK ON CB!!!!!

Wink
19 Feb 2011 8:57PM

Quote:No doubt you are both donating a suitable amount into the advertising budget for this? Grin

Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others......................



lol, we currently have to make up to costs for making the actual limited edition CD [only 100 every printed] each individually numbered. A little birdie told me that if you ask nicely the band members will sign it so when we are big and famous you can cash in on it Wink
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
19 Feb 2011 8:59PM
I have just listened to the sound of flak....and I can see why you titled the track as suchWink

Musically speaking its not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the effort put in to it.

Im a Bass Player so I always listen for the drummer and your bass drum sounds more like a petit pois falling on the floor rather than a big old hard pea hitting the deck....far to soft and its not anchoring the track as it should.

Its a great effort but its a few minutes of intro which doesnt lead into anything substantial.....It just lacks a middle and end.

Much Respect to both of you though and thanks for the linkSmile
19 Feb 2011 9:04PM

Quote:I have just listened to the sound of flak....and I can see why you titled the track as suchWink

Musically speaking its not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the effort put in to it.

Im a Bass Player so I always listen for the drummer and your bass drum sounds more like a petit pois falling on the floor rather than a big old hard pea hitting the deck....far to soft and its not anchoring the track as it should.

Its a great effort but its a few minutes of intro which doesnt lead into anything substantial.....It just lacks a middle and end.

Much Respect to both of you though and thanks for the linkSmile



lol, bass player myself as well. I laid down most of the bass and drum tracks down on the tracks. I would have to say that 'the unbalanced' was primarily ambient and chillout based. With those genres, it's important to keep the thumping down to a minimum. However, some of our new stuff is alot harder, more rock and bass orientated along with alot of the stuff that worked well from the old album including the ambience, darkness and guitars. Consider 'the unbalanced' as the rare experimental album that all bands do to find their feet.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
19 Feb 2011 9:58PM
My sort of music - love it!

Ken
EddieAC e2
10 696 2 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 10:13PM
The album is on Amazon and in the mp3 download section so we can listen to the track previews. Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
30 Dec 2011 1:37AM
It's now on Spotify at last, so you can hear the whole tracks Smile And hopefully buy the album in limited cd form or as a download from itunes.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.