Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sound of Flak

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 - 8:42 PM

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you noticed the recent mention of 'Sound of Flak' in the epz newsletter. It's a band consisting of myself and Pete. We do all sorts of different types of music and we have a few tracks online to listen to.

So, did you notice it and what did you think?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2011 - 8:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
19 Feb 2011 - 8:49 PM

Didn't notice it....

But enjoying what I'm hearing whilst I type this reply!

(And this from a real 'Die-Hard' rock merchant!! Wink)

User_Removed
19 Feb 2011 - 8:50 PM

Mods!!! Delete this thread - 'Self-Promotion'!!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 - 8:50 PM

Quote: And this from a real 'Die-Hard' rock merchant!!

thanks for listening, I reckon that with that you might enjoy some of our stuff we are working on now "in the studio".

davidburleson
19 Feb 2011 - 8:51 PM

Quote: Mods!!! Delete this thread - 'Self-Promotion'!!

lol, i am a mod Tongue and the other member is the site owner so double Tongue Tongue

User_Removed
19 Feb 2011 - 8:54 PM

(Don't I know it... Ask 'im!! Sad Sad Sad)

Grin
Grin

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Feb 2011 - 8:54 PM
davidburleson
19 Feb 2011 - 8:55 PM

Grin all in good fun Grin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2011 - 8:55 PM

No doubt you are both donating a suitable amount into the advertising budget for this? Grin

Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others......................

User_Removed
19 Feb 2011 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others

ROCK ON CB!!!!!

Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Feb 2011 - 8:57 PM
davidburleson
19 Feb 2011 - 8:57 PM

Quote: No doubt you are both donating a suitable amount into the advertising budget for this? Grin

Helps keep costs down for us e2 members and others......................

lol, we currently have to make up to costs for making the actual limited edition CD [only 100 every printed] each individually numbered. A little birdie told me that if you ask nicely the band members will sign it so when we are big and famous you can cash in on it Wink

lawbert
lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2011 - 8:59 PM

I have just listened to the sound of flak....and I can see why you titled the track as suchWink

Musically speaking its not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the effort put in to it.

Im a Bass Player so I always listen for the drummer and your bass drum sounds more like a petit pois falling on the floor rather than a big old hard pea hitting the deck....far to soft and its not anchoring the track as it should.

Its a great effort but its a few minutes of intro which doesnt lead into anything substantial.....It just lacks a middle and end.

Much Respect to both of you though and thanks for the linkSmile

davidburleson
19 Feb 2011 - 9:04 PM

Quote: I have just listened to the sound of flak....and I can see why you titled the track as suchWink

Musically speaking its not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the effort put in to it.

Im a Bass Player so I always listen for the drummer and your bass drum sounds more like a petit pois falling on the floor rather than a big old hard pea hitting the deck....far to soft and its not anchoring the track as it should.

Its a great effort but its a few minutes of intro which doesnt lead into anything substantial.....It just lacks a middle and end.

Much Respect to both of you though and thanks for the linkSmile

lol, bass player myself as well. I laid down most of the bass and drum tracks down on the tracks. I would have to say that 'the unbalanced' was primarily ambient and chillout based. With those genres, it's important to keep the thumping down to a minimum. However, some of our new stuff is alot harder, more rock and bass orientated along with alot of the stuff that worked well from the old album including the ambience, darkness and guitars. Consider 'the unbalanced' as the rare experimental album that all bands do to find their feet.

franken
franken e2 Member 113061 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2011 - 9:58 PM

My sort of music - love it!

Ken

EddieAC
EddieAC  9673 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2011 - 10:13 PM

The album is on Amazon and in the mp3 download section so we can listen to the track previews. Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2011 - 1:37 AM

It's now on Spotify at last, so you can hear the whole tracks Smile And hopefully buy the album in limited cd form or as a download from itunes.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.