Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sound prob

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    25 Jun 2012 - 12:55 AM

Love taking my little Canon Powershot to gigs.

Sometimes though sound is overwhelmed by the bins (listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers Sunderland video here and you'll see what I mean).

I'm racking my brains trying to think of something which I could attach to the camera that would cut the bass without changing volume of other sounds. Hope I'm making sense?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Jun 2012 - 12:56 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Jun 2012 - 12:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jun 2012 - 1:39 AM

Found this on VideoHelp about processing... may or may not be of some use. But also, from that thread:

Quote: With live music and a camera with a built in microphone, I have used a fabric band-aid (plaster) to cover over the microphone hole to reduce the bass and distortion. A cheap fix, but it often works.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jun 2012 - 1:51 AM

A separate sound recorder I think.

User_Removed
    25 Jun 2012 - 1:53 AM

I tried all sorts of low shelf filters and other post processing stuff in Vegas to no avail. I think it will have to be the bandage / tape. Will have to do some tests. Real shame cos I got some really fun footage Sad

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jun 2012 - 2:16 AM

Really I should have said external mic, looks like the one built into the camera is struggling.

User_Removed
    25 Jun 2012 - 2:29 AM

It's just certain gigs, I thought Springsteen sound was okay?

I'd have to get external mic and external recorder then sync it up later, bang goes the travelling light with just the S95. Really need an S95 fix. Could also do with a stick type of thing to lift camera above heads more comfortably, something that screws into tripod socket

Paul Morgan
    25 Jun 2012 - 2:41 AM

Quote: Could also do with a stick type of thing to lift camera above heads more comfortably, something that screws into tripod socket

Easier enough to make or buy, if I can transform a telescopic hiking pole into a monopod I`m sure you can manage this.

I understand that these are getting rave reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H4n-professional-digital-recorder/dp/B001QWBM62

User_Removed
    26 Jun 2012 - 1:37 PM

I think I need something that won't look like a weapon, steadies the camera a little too. Mini monopod or such like

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2012 - 2:24 PM

Tape up the legs of this and you have a mini-monopod. It's about 9 inches long.

mt.jpg

Paul Morgan
    26 Jun 2012 - 9:09 PM

Quote: I think I need something that won't look like a weapon, steadies the camera a little too. Mini monopod or such like

looks nothing like a weapon a bit of tape and your sorted Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.