Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Spam email - your approach to handling

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Photoluv86
12 Nov 2012 - 4:42 AM

I have found that unsubscribing works pretty well in most cases. It hasn't eliminated all of my spam, but it has certainly cut down a large amount of it. I also have an email account that I only use rarely and am very select on who I give it out to, and that account never gets spam. Then I also have a more general email address that I use more frequently and casually so that if I do get spam it's more likely to go into that account rather than my main account.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Nov 2012 - 4:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3299 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2012 - 7:28 AM

Like others above, I receive very little spam,that which gets through is obvious and I mark as junk then delete.
Not sure if it's relevant but I use Hotmail and my ISP is BT.

pawelpiwosz
9 Dec 2012 - 9:42 AM

I hate captcha Wink I'm never sure what I write is the same what I see... A photographer with some colour-blindness? Why not - that's why I like b&w Wink
Long time ago I heard about a nice method - fake message about not delivered email because there is no address. Spambots deleted the addresses which didn't exist Smile
A few years ago I had a great antispam address. "nomail@....." I used this mail for 5 or 6 years and I never had spam Smile Only one time somebody sent me "test" messages and was in big shock, when "this fake-for-sure" email answered Wink

The sad thing is that this is a very big market, it seems impossible to succesfully fight spam.... Not long, I hope.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.