Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Speed?

cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Apr 2011 6:34PM
Anyone else experiencing speed issues this pm?

Using FF4 + W7 but have also tried in IE8

I can get the site to load but once in it really slows down. Tried to open a modification page and it just sits in a loop????

haven't reported it yet

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Are all websites the same or just epz? There could be lots of reasons for slow responses and more often than not, it's network issues Smile
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
3 Apr 2011 7:17PM

Quote:Anyone else experiencing speed issues this pm?

None at the moment but I'ver had problems with this site ever since I started using it 2 years ago.
Sometimes it can be fine, then it'll slow to a crawl.
It's the only site that does it.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2011 7:29PM
Seemed slow to me yesterday, but seems OK now.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
3 Apr 2011 7:49PM

Quote:Are all websites the same or just epz? There could be lots of reasons for slow responses and more often than not, it's network issues

Check your connection speed via your routers software, then try an online speed test and compare the two. I found a massive difference and it was running at half the speed it was a few months ago.

Could not find the cause, so re-installed, my pc was over due anyway, now its back up to full speed.
cats_123 e2
3 Apr 2011 7:57PM

Quote:Are all websites the same or just epz? There could be lots of reasons for slow responses and more often than not, it's network issues Smile
No seems only to be epz

Quote:Check your connection speed via your routers software, then try an online speed test and compare the two

Not sure how I do that...have BT Total Broadband...
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
3 Apr 2011 8:09PM
Neither do I, not using BT, but there must be a way.

My speed test had dropped to 7/8mbs with 17mbs through the router before I re-installed xp.

I`m now getting this, so more than happy.

untitled-1.jpg

router

untitled-2.jpg

speed test
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2011 8:17PM
and i was happy getting 800 kbps... lol.... i have never had speed issues with the site though.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
3 Apr 2011 8:21PM
No never have I really, just the odd glich getting in, but once in it fly`s.

I was not that impressed with firefox 4, speed about the same, but caused loads of other issues Sad
cats_123 e2
3 Apr 2011 8:40PM
My speedtest reveals

Download: 14.56Mb/s
Upload: 1.00Mb/s
Ping 45ms

not much different I assume
ianrobinson e2
5 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2011 12:06AM
i get the speed issues with this site too, especially when voting for other people it can take an age to load the comment you put on peoples images.
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
4 Apr 2011 8:57AM
Getting terrible speed issues, have had for a long time and particularly so since the improvements. I have, in the main stopped leaving comments as it takes so long and I have limited time. It is only epz, in fact it's quicker sometimes to go into epz through the link with facebook than go in direct. I have been told many times that it must be my connection, but why is it just epz, and why does it improve almost immediately when I complain but the improvement only lasts a couple of days or so.
I was at a friend's house over the weekend on the opposite side of the country and he has a fibre optic connection and a brand new computer. His speed was almost as bad as mine, particularly when first connecting, again no trouble with any other sites.
I have suggested in the past out of sheer frustration, that someone from epz should come to my house and experience how bad it is, but there has never been any takers. Knowing my luck it would magically speed up for the visit.
I luck back at my reports over the years and the majority have been about speed and most frequently after 'improvements' to the site.
brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2011 9:01AM
its slow to log on using IE9 but once I'm in there is no problem with speed for me. 20mb Virgin BB
cats_123 e2
4 Apr 2011 9:12AM
Seems we all suffer a similar problem..again this morning it took about 5-6 secs to load
4 Apr 2011 9:20AM

Quote:Seems we all suffer a similar problem..again this morning it took about 5-6 secs to load

When you guys say that the site is slow loading. Do you mean to complete the loading of the page or for it's initial respond (refresh) before you see anything?

What we find quite interesting as on average we get between 1.5mb-3mb in the office and the pages tend to complete loading within 3 seconds with initial page responding within 1 second. So, within 1 second the page starts displaying and normally the information I want is shown, and no more than 3 seconds when the page is completely loaded.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.