Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Speed?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 7:26 PM

Lol well I think David should start doing house calls, that would keep him busy for the next twenty years Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Apr 2011 - 7:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85742 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 7:35 PM

Just spent a lifetime catching up with My Favs. I expected it to be no longer than say 20 minutes or so.
As the team suggested, I had my submitted reports open in a new tab and fired in every time there was an issue.

The main one being the site background to an image would load, but the actual image itself taking 20 seconds + to appear.
Also previous member's upload thumbnails not loading for 15 seconds +

Damn frustrating to say the least

Adrian

aftertherain
5 Apr 2011 - 7:51 PM

I'm having problems viewing Gallery photo's - don't know if it's the same issue mentioned above.
I can open up to 6 thumbnails, then it freezes up other parts of the site seem okay, just the Gallery.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 8:58 PM

Funny old world - I'm seeing others reporting speed problems today yet on my setup its working faster than it has for a long time (and I've changed nothing). I feel sorry for Dave and the other "Techies", this must be a nightmare to analyse and resolve

Last Modified By brian1208 at 5 Apr 2011 - 8:58 PM
Jestertheclown

Same here Brian.
I wouldn't say it's the fastest it's ever been but it's as good as it usually gets.
Like yourself, I've done nothing either.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 9:11 PM

Quote: I feel sorry for Dave and the other "Techies", this must be a nightmare to analyse and resolve

Your not wrong there!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85742 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 10:03 PM

Quote: Funny old world - I'm seeing others reporting speed problems today yet on my setup its working faster than it has for a long time

What I am reporting Brian, isn't directly a speed problem.

It is a damn glitch somewhere in the system, that only effects certain parties (and then probably at random)

To all intents and purposes the page has loaded, but the image itself isn't showing????????????????????????

It is only mainly, a problem with "My favs".
Forums not an issue, though a couple of my own PF images acted the same as the problem I have reported

Last Modified By tomcat at 5 Apr 2011 - 10:06 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 11:08 PM

If you press f5 does the image appear ? Or does it never appear ?

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2011 - 11:31 PM

Quote: Everything seem superfast this morning...Smile

Download speed up to 14.65

I take it all back...trying to upload mods this evening has been a nightmare..the mods upload page takes minutes to load...whilst other websites are streaming away Sad

tomcat
6 Apr 2011 - 7:23 AM

Quote: If you press f5 does the image appear ? Or does it never appear ?

F5 C F5 no difference.
Taking aprox 20 secs for some images to load.
It is all mentioned in my submitted reports, which I took a great deal of time over, so the team would not only have a particular image to work of, but a time within say 30 secs of the occurences

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2011 - 12:33 PM

well we've finally managed to dump BT at work at I''ve just been testing a few things/'sites.. this site is blisteringly fast but for some reason I cant get the BBC at all.

tomcat
6 Apr 2011 - 6:25 PM

Only been home 30 minutes and already added 3 more comments to my running report thread.

Same thing happened again:- The page loaded, but only the background colour appeared. Took 20 seconds for the actual image to display

Another strange one was, while waiting for this evenings image to upload (2 to 3 minutes) I opened the site in a new tab and my image was there, even though my original tab was still whirring away trying to upload.
This is damn strange.

I will repeat what others have stated. Nothing has changed at this end, to cause all this, unless there is some glitch between the site and my ISP.
All other websites I visit are perfectly OK.
The odd problem/glitch I can live with, as they occur with most sites, but at the moment, there is little enjoyment to be gained here, as everything is so laborious

Adrian

Post edit:- This post took over 20 seconds to load

Last Modified By tomcat at 6 Apr 2011 - 6:27 PM
bfgstew
bfgstew  7668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2011 - 6:52 PM

I had similar issues Adrian after I went over to W7 and FF4, ended up putting XP and IE8 back on, no probs now????!!!!

tomcat
6 Apr 2011 - 7:06 PM

Quote: I had similar issues Adrian after I went over to W7 and FF4, ended up putting XP and IE8 back on, no probs now????!!!!

I appreciate your point Stew, but I am not spending a load of dosh on a new PC, just to install an old OS and another browser on it
I might have thought about it, if I had issues elsewhere, but I haven't

Adrian

bfgstew
bfgstew  7668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2011 - 7:32 PM

See your point Adrian.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm defo one for the tech guys.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.