Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Speedlites

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mixpics
    mixpics  2 United Kingdom
    4 Nov 2013 - 10:31 PM

Whats the best TTL Speedlite for about 80 to be used on a Nikon D300, are the Yongnuo range good for the price? opinions please.
    Tell me your thoughtsSmile
    Mick

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Nov 2013 - 10:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56484 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 8:45 AM

The Yongnuo flashes are excellent value. I bought the 56o model as a slave unit but for a little more money you can get the 565 model with ETTL.

User_Removed
    5 Nov 2013 - 2:55 PM

Hi Mick,

I've owned Nikon SB600/SB800 and Nissin Di866 Mark ii. I've recently purchased the Yongnuo 568 (x2) and 565 and more than pleased.

The 568's slightly more expensive @ 120 however has the benefit of supporting HSS, where as the 565 virtually the same does not ,but will give you full TTL support, both support slave CLS support but neither can work as a master. They work seamlessly with the new yongnuo YN-622 TTL triggers and also work if using the SU-800 as master i.e. via the CLS, so will work fine if using the D300 cls from the pop up flash.

I also like the simple menu system in fact I prefer it over Nissin's and certainly over the old Nikon SB800. I certainly could not justify paying 350 for the new SB-910 , here I have 3 flashes for the price of the top range Nikon. As long as they last I am more than happy. Note my Nissin died a few weeks back literally 1 months after 2 year warranty ran out looking at 65 plus parts for repair so hence the Yongnuo's got my vote and my SB600 now randomly flashes....

-Monty

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.