Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Spitting feathers!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
JoanH
JoanH  7300 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jul 2008 - 5:13 PM

Checked my bank balance today and there was less than I thought there would be.Asked the bank to print a statement and there were 3 items that I hadn't purchased. I was so angry.I worked all my life for my money and for some 'person' just to help themselves made me "spit feathers" I know I'm not the only one it's happened to and I wont be the last. I won't tell what I wished happens when they wear the shoes , drink the booze and swan around in the new clothes!! Joan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jul 2008 - 5:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stolzy
stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2008 - 5:15 PM

Don't worry, it wasn't your money that was nicked, it was the banks.

JoanH
JoanH  7300 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jul 2008 - 5:25 PM

I know John, its the inconvience of changing cards etc and the blood pressure rising, Thanks anyway Joan

kaybee
kaybee  93703 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2008 - 5:31 PM

And you don't think the banks pass that loss on to its customers?

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 83465 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
10 Jul 2008 - 5:55 PM

...somebody used my Barclaycard account:

1200 to Admiral Insurance and 100 to Betfair...how can they do this ?

...three years ago my credit limit was 5000 which I neither used nor needed so I reduced it to 1500.
..good job I did. ..even though I didn't have to pay this money...it's annoying when it happens :

....Mike

eric6
eric6  6 Greece
10 Jul 2008 - 6:27 PM

I just got done for over 1000 but the idiot paid a Capitol 1 bill and also his O2 mobile. I have a feeling they might know who it was that used my card. What amaizes me is how do they get the 3 digit code to do transactions over the phone. Anyway I got a refund and the case passed on to the fraud squad.

nsrh
nsrh  6144 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jul 2008 - 7:06 PM

Quote: I just got done for over 1000 but the idiot paid a Capitol 1 bill and also his O2 mobile. I have a feeling they might know who it was that used my card. What amaizes me is how do they get the 3 digit code to do transactions over the phone. Anyway I got a refund and the case passed on to the fraud squad.

O2 and Capitol 1 and British Gas have not even asked for my 3 digit security number on last 4 occasions I have paid my bill via my card. Also had 2500 taken from my bank account via cashpoint 2 years ago and bank still not refunded as they claim I must have given my pin to someone else, its still being investigated 2 years later, what makes me laugh is that I made a withdrawal in Brighton at 21.19 and a withdrawal for 300 was made in London at 21.48, damn I'm fast!!!

top_totty
top_totty  6
10 Jul 2008 - 7:10 PM

Someone has stolen one of my pictures off this site, cropped the border with my initials in it then went on to post it in his gallery on DSLR user mag. He hs now been rumbled ......his name on that site...dslruser.
BEWARE yours may be the next he steals then claims then to be his own on other sites
Janet

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2008 - 7:15 PM

Quote: Someone has stolen one of my pictures off this site, cropped the border with my initials in it then went on to post it in his gallery on DSLR user mag. He hs now been rumbled ......his name on that site...dslruser.
BEWARE yours may be the next he steals then claims then to be his own on other sites
Janet

WTF???!!!! must be really really intelligent to do that..........

sketch
sketch  71469 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jul 2008 - 7:16 PM

Janet your kidding....right

sarah x

top_totty
top_totty  6
10 Jul 2008 - 7:19 PM

[quote]Quote:Someone has stolen one of my pictures off this site, cropped the border with my initials in it then went on to post it in his gallery on DSLR user mag. He hs now been rumbled ......his name on that site...dslruser.
JanetWTF???!!!! must be really really intelligent to do that

exactly.....not the sharpest knife in the drawer is he.

top_totty
top_totty  6
10 Jul 2008 - 7:20 PM

Unfortunately not

sketch
10 Jul 2008 - 7:24 PM

I am astounded by the gall of it, you dont do stuff like that do you, but also you would feel like bad .... surely

sarah x

top_totty
top_totty  6
10 Jul 2008 - 7:35 PM

absolutely spitting feathers up till midnight last night trying to get some sort of response from their admin, but finally getting sorted today. What is more galling is the fact that he's lurking on this site ready to steal again.
Janet

sketch
10 Jul 2008 - 7:37 PM

Thats really, really really bad, you just dont do that sort of thing to people
Glad your getting it sorted Janet

sarah x

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.