Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Spotify

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2012 - 11:15 AM

After looking/contributing to the thread about BBC and adverts,
    I reminded me about how I was recommended to use spotify a while back.
    Up to that point I had been quite happy with youtube.
    So I decided to let spotify invade my pc, and found that it did access music tracks I hadn't found on youtube.
    It wasn't long though before I became irritated by the advertizing that occurred between tracks I was playing.
    It also irritated me that everytime I started my pc, a spotify UI popped up on my screen like an unwanted door-to-door salesman.

I have since uninstalled spotify, and continue to use youtube for my musical needs.
    What do you think of Spotify, and spotify in contrast to youtube?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Sep 2012 - 11:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've always been a fan of Spotify...I like the fact you can find an entire album and listen to it all in one go. Another service I've just discovered is GrooveShark. This can be used freely without the sound ads after every two tracks that appear with the free version of Spotify.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'd better check that out then - cheers Pete.

User_Removed
    3 Sep 2012 - 11:56 AM

I pay my 10 euros a month and use spotify here in France...no ads...no hassel...also am trying deezer.com rec to me by a french guy I met

keith selmes
    3 Sep 2012 - 2:37 PM

Spotify is pretty useful. You can find all kinds of tracks, and browse around finding music you never heard of.
    However the advertising does put me off using it very often, and I don't feel I need it badly enough to pay for it.
    I tend to look something up or browse for a while, then either bookmark for future reference, or buy the tracks from Amazon.
    I don't think its useful to me as a continouous on line music service. I treat it more as a reference library.

Last Modified By keith selmes at 3 Sep 2012 - 2:38 PM
    Bluke
    Bluke e2 Member 9299 forum postsBluke vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2012 - 4:25 PM

I love my Spotify used it for years. ...I have it one all day I pay my 4.99 per month its much better than buying CDs just cos I like 1or 2 tracks...I listen to lots of music from my youth... great stuff...Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.