Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Spyder 4 Elite

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keithh
keithh  1022780 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2013 - 4:13 PM

They do that just in case they have any digital printers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Dec 2013 - 4:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrDennis
MrDennis  5226 forum posts Wales
5 Dec 2013 - 5:33 PM

Dave-Canon....I'm sure I did click Choose Settings-Change Settings, & it gave me 5800K for the Ambiance in my Room. But i shall check that later. Thanks.
Brightness on my monitor only goes to 100, not 120. Same on my Dell. My Dell is 6500K because i have that seting in the monitor. Much easier to do. But when I calibrate it I shall try the 5800K on it first to see if it looks same as my Samsung...Might be best to have both the same, that way it will not do my eyes in. Smile
As said earlier, I have my light behind and to the rightof monitors as that light is perfect for me. Can see what I'm doing but no Glare on screen. Window is to my Left. The light bulb is dimmer than the others in the house. I Like 100W lights Smile but these new bulbs CFC do not give that out. I might buy a daylight bulb for this room. Got two of them for my tabletop @ 6500K

keithh...does that mean Digi printers like the dark Smile Smile Smile

I shall update this as I go along if that is Ok...Interesting to get everyones feedback on this, as Calibrating is not as straight forward for some people say.
Thank You All--Appreciated.
Dennis

GlennH
GlennH  91891 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2013 - 6:16 PM

Dave is talking about candelas (per square metre) when he mentions the figure '120', Dennis - so when the calibration software refers to 100 cd/mē it's not the same as the percentage setting on your display. If you confuse that you're liable to end up with brightness that's set far too high.

MrDennis
5 Dec 2013 - 6:50 PM

Thanks for explaining that GlennH--Appreciated..Don't make it any easier though. The Spyder 4 Elite mentions to put Brighness at 120, but I shall read it more carfully later. Spyder 2 was much easier to use as it had no confusing instructions to follow.. I need a Brain transplant..LOL

MrDennis
5 Dec 2013 - 10:20 PM

YES! I understand a bit more now GlennH. After reading a few times, It suddenly dawned on me that the 120 cd/m2 was not the Brightness level on the monitor for adjusting it..Thanks for pointing that out to me..
Have Calibrated my Dell u2412m, and though i set my monitor to 6500K, the Spyder set it to 5800k. But I set my Bright to 44 Con to 75.
Done some printing and they are Spot ON!..Glad that is over.
So now that I know what to do, I shall redo the Samsung tomorrow and set my brightness to 48 Con to 75. was told that Brt @48 works well. Samsung is a tiny bit darker than the Dell at moment...I have Photoshop in both, but mainly use on Dell.

Many Thanks.
Dennis

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.