Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

St catherines dock

thewaiter 13 1.2k 9 England
1 Jul 2004 6:56AM
I can't find the topic in the search menu but, did someone mention that you cannot photograph around St catherines dock in London, or they encountered a problem with it??

cheers
Kevin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 7:28AM
Hmmm, I don't know I spent a lunchtime there last year and took loads of pics, including this one and no one stopped me. Though I wasn't using a tripod so blended in with the tourists!

Chris
1 Jul 2004 8:19AM
Chris,
thanks for the info, I'll leave the tripod at home!I would hate to be mistaken for a proffesional Smile.....
lordposh 10 45 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 9:10AM
Kevin, you may regret not taking your tripod, there is a number of other places where you can get good shots and use your tripod....
If you have a monopod, I seem to get away without being hassled too much.

Roger
loweskid 13 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 9:41AM
I've used a Bronica SQ on a tripod there without any problems, though I must admit it was a couple of years ago.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
1 Jul 2004 10:04AM
I have photographed in St Katherine's Dock without being challenged. Didn't use tripod/monopod though.

It was at a time of year when there were no tourists around - but I still didn't get any hassle.
mark a. 10 920 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 3:12PM
St Katherine Docks are private property, and looking at their website they charge if you want to use it for professional photographs.

I think the way these things go is that if you start using a tripod they'll see you as a pro, and want to start charging you lots of money! So either write to them and get permission beforehand, or else, just don't use a tripod.

But it's a nice place - I ought to go back there (it's only a few minutes walk from my office).
1 Jul 2004 3:30PM
Thanks for the info Mark, I must be just round the corner from you!
1 Jul 2004 3:39PM
I have just spoken to Una, as I'm a student theres no problem Wink but outside of that, standard cameras and lenses are fine, you start running in to trouble when you get your tripod out and stick a large format box on top of it Wink

thanks everyone for the info today, if it's a nice day tomorrow I'll be over there.
mark a. 10 920 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 3:43PM
Hey, if you're there at lunchtime (12 - 2ish) and bored, send me an e-mail (see my profile) and we can meet for a coffee.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.