Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

St Cuthberts Paper

Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
2 Feb 2014 3:22PM
Has anyone tried any paper from the following?
http://www.stcuthbertsmill.com/index.asp

I've heard they make some of the Epson fine art grades. I can't find any online reviews . Whet is the difference between Somerset Photo and Somerset enhanced (both stains).

The prices for their paper are a lot cheaper than others in the market. ( a pack of 50 is cheaper than 25 from most others).

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Feb 2014 3:55PM
st cuthberts at bottom of there page press contact theres a phone number ask them
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2014 3:58PM
You could try the range... Then do a review Wink

Here
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
2 Feb 2014 5:15PM
Thanks Adam and Rob. Tbh printing is the part of my work that needs a big improvement - I'm determined to get it right as I want to enter more salon print competitions this year - but until I get the paper / print combination I'm happy with I m reluctant to do so.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2014 1:30AM
I have seen prints done on the Somerset paper and it was beautiful. Almost had a velvet finish to it.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
3 Feb 2014 9:18AM
Thanks Jane
jemraid e2
9 45 England
3 Feb 2014 9:51AM
I've used Somerset papers for ink jet, Cyanotype and Lino printing, they are very good indeed.

Recently though I came across this:
http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/mediarange-mrink102-5760dpi-super-matte-white-double-sided-photo-inkjet-paper-a4-200gsm-50-sheets-p-3612.html

The price is ridiculous and the prints show every nuance of the image. The price also means that I can reprint many times, I always find something that I hadn't seen on screen in a print.

Jem
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
4 Feb 2014 7:40AM
Thanks Jem

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.