Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

St Cuthberts Paper

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2014 - 3:22 PM

Has anyone tried any paper from the following?
    http://www.stcuthbertsmill.com/index.asp

I've heard they make some of the Epson fine art grades. I can't find any online reviews . Whet is the difference between Somerset Photo and Somerset enhanced (both stains).

The prices for their paper are a lot cheaper than others in the market. ( a pack of 50 is cheaper than 25 from most others).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Feb 2014 - 3:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
    2 Feb 2014 - 3:55 PM

st cuthberts at bottom of there page press contact theres a phone number ask them

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82346 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2014 - 3:58 PM

You could try the range... Then do a review Wink

Here

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2014 - 5:15 PM

Thanks Adam and Rob. Tbh printing is the part of my work that needs a big improvement - I'm determined to get it right as I want to enter more salon print competitions this year - but until I get the paper / print combination I'm happy with I m reluctant to do so.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2014 - 1:30 AM

I have seen prints done on the Somerset paper and it was beautiful. Almost had a velvet finish to it.

Nick_w
    3 Feb 2014 - 9:18 AM

Thanks Jane

jemraid
    jemraid  941 forum posts England
    3 Feb 2014 - 9:51 AM

I've used Somerset papers for ink jet, Cyanotype and Lino printing, they are very good indeed.

Recently though I came across this:
    http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/mediarange-mrink102-5760dpi-super-matte-white-doub...

The price is ridiculous and the prints show every nuance of the image. The price also means that I can reprint many times, I always find something that I hadn't seen on screen in a print.

Jem

Nick_w
    4 Feb 2014 - 7:40 AM

Thanks Jem

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.