Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

St Malo -france/

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mohikan22
    mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2009 - 8:21 AM

Hello and GOOD MORNING!!!! Grin
    im off to france with missus (Pijin1) and the kids for the day on sat. we leave uk on fri night arrive AM sat and have allday/
    Any info on the area from people who have been and things to photograph would be appreciated. I know i can google but id rather have a first hand knowledge bae to work on
    Many thanks
    Matt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Mar 2009 - 8:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    11 Mar 2009 - 8:26 AM

Big beaches (think Normandy landings!) and big skies.

What struck me about the area is just how much of everyday life actually happens on the beaches themselves and as such they provide an awful lot of interest. There's also quite a lot of old wooden hulks scattered along the coast. Inland the agriculture is somewhat industrial by that also throws up some interesting photo studies.

A very pleasant rural area.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    mohikan22
    11 Mar 2009 - 9:06 AM

well the weather looks good fro sat so ill see what i find. any other ideas folks??

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
    11 Mar 2009 - 9:15 AM

St Malo is a very picturesque town with ramparts and narrow streets. First of all walk along the ramparts and around the town in order to see lovely views down onto the town (roofs, street, cafes ..etc.... and also the port.
    Then walk in the narrow streets, lots of nice things to take photos of (people, shops, houses ....etc...) Here and there there are towers, gates with views.
    Don't forget to go to a "creperie", a "patisserie" and try to find a small restaurant to eat plenty of fish.

Depending on the tide, walk to the small island where Chateaubriand is buried. Go there for the views. Worth it.

If you have a car and the time, also go to Cancale (a small fishing port) and the "pointe du Grouin" (rocks, sea, waves ....etc...). Eat fresh fish. It's a few kilometers fronm St Malo and worth the detour.

JNC

Last Modified By JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY at 11 Mar 2009 - 9:17 AM
    mohikan22
    11 Mar 2009 - 9:17 AM

ohh ty. we will have the car so ill add that to my agenda. Grin

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
    11 Mar 2009 - 9:25 AM

Have fun! JNC

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2009 - 12:33 PM

If you have time, Dinan is well worth a visit. It's only about 30 minutes from St Malo and a gorgeous place, with loads of character buildings.

Ian

mohikan22
    11 Mar 2009 - 4:09 PM

thankyou Grin googleing them is ok but never as exact as experience Grin thankyou for the ideas. KEEP em coming lol.

ketch
    ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2009 - 4:20 PM

The old walled town is a wonderful place, great photo opportunies almost everywhere you look. Great places to eat - seafood is usually top notch - and shopping is tres bon. St Malo is dead classy and you will have lots of fun. I am envious.

Def walk the old town walls - that will give you lots of inspiration.

Best wishes

Robert

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2009 - 6:14 PM

And if you do get to Dinan the top of the clock tower is worth a visit - it's almsot 20 years since I went there but recall that the floor slopes down and out and it helps if that, the height (not too high) and the less than solid looking handrail doesn't bother you Smile

Of course my recollections might be dulled by the passing years .....

john64
    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    11 Mar 2009 - 6:22 PM

Agree with all of the above Matt.

We went camping in Normandy/Brittany last summer. Loved it and going back again this year. Loads to photograph, you'll have a great time, but only one day? I promise you'll want to go back for longer.

Enjoy the trip, send us all a postcard Wink

John

mohikan22
    11 Mar 2009 - 6:40 PM

heh thankyou all for the tips and ideas. ill need a notepad print out to remember most of it lol.

john64
    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    11 Mar 2009 - 7:52 PM

Blatant click-fisihing alert

...In fact, here's one of mine from last summer.

Wink

mohikan22
    13 Mar 2009 - 6:47 AM

RIGHTO thankyou for the input my good people Grin ive made a nice notepad print out full of your suggestions Grin
    Look to the future for some "france" pictures Grin

Regards
    matt.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.