Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Started my new site at last

16 Jan 2009 11:50PM
Hi all

Finally got round to starting my new site after my ClickPic subscription lapsed.

Its still a work in progress but any feedback, be it good or bad, would be gratefully received.

It can be found here - www.obphotographic.co.uk

Thanks

Olly

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hollkj e2
10 187 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2009 12:46AM
Hi - I like the colours. Main screen is a little small though, and I find with the thumbnails being different sizes a little hard to scan through. Finally site feels a little dated due to not having smooth scrolling between photos when clicking left/right.

Just my 2p.

Regards Kevin.
17 Jan 2009 12:16PM
Thanks for the comments, the site is templates based so will have to see what changes can be made. Will also try and make the thumbnails a uniform size.

Thanks for the proper link Chris!

Olly
20 Jan 2009 5:00PM
I've made a few changes, where possible, mainly to the image thumbnails. I think they may be a bit too large still but wanted to see what you thought.
21 Jan 2009 10:34PM
Thank for the comments Chris.

I'll try to upload some larger images (whilst keeping within reasonable size limits) and see what i can do about the comments box. I must admit that I was unsure as to whether it was necessary and if its detracting from the site then it'll get dropped.

Olly
maggie9 6 45 2 Scotland
23 Jan 2009 12:46PM
hi olly,
its been great to wander around your website, and interesting how everybody interpretates the photium template their own way.
keep going Smile
hollkj e2
10 187 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 2:54PM
hi Olly - Ive revisited since my first post. Looking much better.

Kevin.
21 Sep 2009 1:17PM
Hi all,

Bumping this back up the list as have been playing with the templates a bit more, finally have something which I am pretty happy with, at least in terms of layout and colour scheme.

The logo needs some work, was hastily built in Paint.net just to get a feel for how it will look. Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on having a large image on the home page and am still deciding whether to have just one or a series of images that change each time you visit. The other big decision is whether or not to have frames on all the images, I'm really not sure if this would add anything or not.

Any thought/opinions/comments would be very gratefully received.

Olly

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.