Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Starting a website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Craig99999
    Craig99999 e2 Member 5Craig99999 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Feb 2014 - 5:33 PM

Hi, Im looking to start a website, does anyone have any advise as to which company to use or not use for hosting

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Feb 2014 - 5:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Feb 2014 - 6:03 PM

Photium are very good.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    jemraid
    jemraid  941 forum posts England
    20 Feb 2014 - 6:23 PM

I use Kompozer to create web pages: http://www.kompozer.net/ it's a wysiwig word processor type HTML creator and is free.

I use $1 PM hosting to host the site and they also host my domain for $9 PA.

To create an album I use Web Album Generator: http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/ also free.

Its well worth learning how to do this because you can create a bespoke site for yourself. If you Craig or anyone would like to pursue this further I would gladly do a screencast of how to do it, it's a lot easier than you think Smile

Jem

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8992 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Feb 2014 - 7:03 PM

Try weebly.com free and simple, then if you like it buy your own domain name.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64437 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Feb 2014 - 7:06 PM

Photium is a classy looking set-up but Weebly does a great job too. I used both and think I found WEEBLY slightly easier to use but preferred the look of Photium.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 20 Feb 2014 - 7:08 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Feb 2014 - 7:55 PM

What you get from Photium is great customer service and tech support. I don't use them for my gallery as I don't think theirs is the best but I think they are worth the 80 a year I pay.

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    20 Feb 2014 - 8:04 PM

Give http://www.foliopic.com a try. Created by the same team who has brought you a very well known photography community.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 20 Feb 2014 - 8:05 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Simon_Marlow
    Simon_Marlow e2 Member 10119 forum postsSimon_Marlow vcard United Kingdom
    20 Feb 2014 - 9:51 PM

I have used servercentre.net for the past 8 years, never had any problems and I have a number of websites with them. Cost is about 50 per year with prompt customer service should you ever need it.

Simon_Marlow
    Simon_Marlow e2 Member 10119 forum postsSimon_Marlow vcard United Kingdom
    20 Feb 2014 - 9:52 PM

Craig9999 are you looking to build your own or use a web builder online service?

puertouk
    puertouk  21072 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2014 - 9:49 AM

Try iPage. They are cheap and have live help 24/7. Easy to set up and you have a great choice on what you can build your site with.

scottishphototours

Another vote for Photium from me...

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2014 - 11:50 AM

100's of great wordpress themes out there these days... all flavours and varieties catered for

but go for foliopic and help out the guys if you're not up for making your own site Wink

micra-chameleon
    micra-chameleon e2 Member 3micra-chameleon vcard United Kingdom
    22 Feb 2014 - 1:58 PM

Another vote for Foliopic for me - I found it is easy to use and layout options very flexible

Mike
    micra chameleon photography

Chant57
    Chant57 e2 Member 8372 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2014 - 8:42 PM

Another vote for Foliopic

PatrickElsender
    PatrickElsender e2 Member 569 forum postsPatrickElsender vcard Germany
    27 Jul 2014 - 6:45 PM

Just started my own website www.patrick-elsender-foto.eu. Through Foliopic. Great service and help from Rick Hanson. Bought mt domain from 123reg. No complaints they were also very good with my queries. If they can handle the questions of a 70 year old that has a very limited knowledge of computers then they get 100% marks from me.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.