Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Steps foward to say Hi!

26 Oct 2007 12:18PM
Hi everyone, Iíve been a member of this site for some time but never really got round to introducing myself.

I live in Wiltshire and as my name suggests, Iím a Nikon user! Currently I have a Nikon D70s, an F90x and a small Nikon Coolpix 4600 that is always in my brief case. My lens collection comprises a Nikon 50mm F1.8, Sigma 24 - 70mm, Sigma 10 Ė 20mm, Nikon 24 Ė 120mm and a Nikon 70 Ė 300. I also have a Nikon SB 800 flash Ė this is great for off camera wireless flash. The F90x is fantastic camera, its built like a tank and has shutter like machine gun! Despite having a Minolta Dimage scanner, I donít shoot much film but canít bear to part with the F90x!

I always shoot in RAW and now use Corelís Paint Shop Pro vXI. I tried Photoshop Elements but didnít like it and the professional CS version of photoshop is just too expensive. Paint Shop Pro is very intuitive and easy to use, I guess its something of a halfway house between the two Photoshop products. Also, Paint Shop has a good raw converter and batch process facility. The B&W and infrared conversions are good but I guess purists will disagree!

I have a broad topic range, much of which mirror my own interests. So, in no particular order, I would list Motor Sport and cars in general, anything to do with water and sailing, flowers, architecture and people. I have started to do some studio work and really enjoyed it. This type of photography is very challenging because there are so many variables. However, it is enjoyable and rewarding. I would like to do more of this in the future.

I need to concentrate on the creative aspect of my photograph and improve my visionary skills. What I mean is, I want to be able to see the image before I take it so that I stop walking past those cracking shots.

Developing and launching my first photographic web site at www.newsarum.co.uk was a good move Ė its great having you own images on your own site on the net! There is a facility to add comments, and I would encourage all readers to check it out and comment on my work.

Thatís me folks, now back to photography!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2007 12:21PM
Hello ChrisNikon, I'm CathyNikon....we also have a MaddieNikon and a CherylNikon and quite a few other little Nikon running around here..

Welcome to EPZ...
jaecat e2
7 29 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2007 12:26PM
hi,
im new here just thought id say hello,i use paint shop pro too,im hubby has cs2 but i feel alot more comfortable using paint shop.
26 Oct 2007 2:58PM
Hi!

Quote:I use paint shop pro too

Paint Shop Pro is OK.

jas
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
26 Oct 2007 6:02PM
Hi Chris. I'm MikeNikon - complete with an N90s, the US version to your F90x!!

Yer in good company...

(Winters coming. What socks do you wear with your sandals??) Wink
7 Nov 2007 11:32AM
Hi Chris and a warm welcome from me.
7 Nov 2007 11:44AM
Can I say hello if I own a "Ca*on" ??
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
7 Nov 2007 11:49AM

Quote:Can I say hello if I own a "Ca*on" ??

NO !!! Smile
7 Nov 2007 11:51AM
Oh well, it was worth a try. Shuffles off stage left, whimpering slightly and dabbing eye with handkerchief.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
7 Nov 2007 1:38PM
Hi, I'm JulianEbony. Sounds much better, doesn't it? A camera handmade from the finest hardwood, titanium and leather...

Yes, this is the EPZ Fringe here. There are a few of us large format view camera users around but not so many that you'd notice. We tend to keep an aloof distance from the Canon/Nikon melťe.... Wink

Oh and welcome, by the way. Smile
Kris_Dutson e2
12 8.2k 1 England
7 Nov 2007 1:43PM

Quote:I'm JulianEbony. Sounds much better

Sounds a bit gay to me....

Not as Butch as Kris Canon anyway.

Wink
7 Nov 2007 2:32PM
Hi I'm SandyMamiya and SandyCanon - perhaps having two names means I've got a split personality - or that I'm half gay and half butch....or perhaps my parents (Rolleiflex and Practica) were hoping for twins...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.