Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Still 'Pending Acceptance Three Months now ' !

pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
6 Dec 2010 2:28PM
I tried to join the 'Photojournalism Group' must be THREE MONTHS ago and I am still waiting for Acceptance and I cannot post anything about waiting in the Group as it will now let me ! How LONG do you have to wait 'Acceptance' -- is it an 'Elite' ? I am only a common Old Bugger who has been doing PhotoJournalism for over 40 years -- maybe you need to be in the 20's with the latest Canon all-Singing-all Dancing 5000 worth of gear to join !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I thought you got acceptance into a group as soon as you posted a comment in the group's thread.
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
6 Dec 2010 2:33PM
BUT it will NOT let me POST as I am NOT an 'Accepted Member' !!! There is a Grey thing in the Group saying 'Pending Acceptance' which has been there for three months now !
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
6 Dec 2010 2:34PM
Sorry Pete. Looks like this group was set up by Kombiz who set it to member only and then hasn't been back to keep an eye on it or encourage its growth...one reason why a group may fail. I've made you active, but you're the only one in there so it may be quite unless you want to take control and encourage others to join. Groups need leaders
csurry
12 9.2k 92
6 Dec 2010 2:39PM
When it says a group is by invitation only it is not clear by whom the invitation can be offered, is it the group creator only?

Just wondering the difference really between this and the approval process.

How many people have complained that they have tried to join a group and not been allowed I wonder? Grin
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
6 Dec 2010 2:53PM
"Cor Thank Ye Kindly Guvnor-- yer a TOFF !! " ( Pulls Forelock in Respect)
I found I am now a Member of the infamous PhotoJournalism Group !! Well I will wait to see what happens then may apply to be the OberGruppenFuhrer !
peterjones e2
12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2010 4:13PM
the words of Groucho Marx come to mind ...
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2010 10:39PM
Neither would I

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.