Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Still waiting for my 450D.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
ckristoff
ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
28 Apr 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hello friends,

am I the only idiot still waiting for 7 Dayshop to deliver the goods? My order was placed on 21 February, I've emailed them twice and get the same reply - waiting for supplies from Canon!

So how come it appears to be on sale practically everywhere else?

Spent the weekend in Yeovil and discovered that Jessops had 3 in stock. I looked at it, was allowed to hold it and look through the viewfinder. Lovely jubbly, even if I currently can't decipher what the back display is showing me. This will be my first digi! So I can't wait for Mr. Postie to deliver my little beauty. Yes it's small and feels a lot lighter than my Eos 3, but I don't make any bones about unimportant details like that. The important factor in my opinion is what the resulting images it will produce.

I've seen images from a few fellow members here, who use the 350D and 400D and I just think they're brilliant! So I do believe I have a lot to look forward to.

Still, my trip went well. On my way home yesterday, I called on Glastonbury Abbey, very beautiful, it reminded me of Jumieges Abbey in France. Then I called on the Cheddar Gorge. Simply breathtaking, my second visit to this beautiful place in our lovely Britain.

And I'm still waiting for the 450D.

Has any other member received their 450D from 7Dayshop?
I would like to know.

Frank.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Apr 2008 - 11:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2008 - 11:47 AM

Jessops is £90 more expensive compared to 7 days shop, so no surprise that they have it in stock.
I have checked a few websites that sell it cheaper, but they are all out of stock though.

ckristoff
28 Apr 2008 - 11:51 AM

Coltranekoh,

thank you for the trouble you've gone to, I really appreciate it.

Yes, 7Dayshop is cheaper, so I'd better get used to the waiting game! Smile

Frank.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2008 - 11:52 AM

Frank, just wondering: did you ask Ian Kerr to see if he has it in stock and the price?

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote: So how come it appears to be on sale practically everywhere else?

Because 7 Day shop are selling you a grey import, and are waiting for the price in USA or HK to fall low enough, and for enough supplies to come avaliable so they can flog it to you for their price.

If its lower in price on an item in short supply there is a logical reason. Seven Day shop have provoked a lot of complaints in the past for their poor service and shipping delays.

Sorry, but on the bright side you will hopefully have saved some money.

I would phone them up and cancel the order, but its your choice.

Last Modified By strawman at 28 Apr 2008 - 11:54 AM
Coleslaw
28 Apr 2008 - 11:55 AM

You could be right, John.
But a lot of shops lower the price of some products while they have none in stock, especially things like games console and stuffs.

Coleslaw
28 Apr 2008 - 11:57 AM

Quote: Seven Day shop have provoked a lot of complaints in the past for their poor service and shipping delays

Gee, thanks John, I have just ordered some memory cards and sticks from them this morning....Sad

strawman
28 Apr 2008 - 11:58 AM

In the UK they can be done for that. Argos got fined a few years back for droping the price on some minolta cameras when they had no stock and no option to get more from memory.

ckristoff
28 Apr 2008 - 11:58 AM

Coltranekoh,

no I haven't, does he have a website? Thing is I have an order with 7Dayshop. I assume I could cancel?

Strawman, thanks for your info. If it's a grey import, how come the camera is black? Smile

Do I need to have it re-sprayed and inform the DVLA police dudes? Ha ha!!

Frank.

strawman
28 Apr 2008 - 12:00 PM

It pays to check with seven Day shop that the items are in stock. They do deliver, but never order anything urgent from them is my experience. I use them too.

strawman
28 Apr 2008 - 12:00 PM

You need only wory if it comes with a lable declaring the contents as worth no more than £18 Smile

Coleslaw
28 Apr 2008 - 12:01 PM

He got a shop in ebay - Flash Camera. You can find his email address in this forum.

Coleslaw
28 Apr 2008 - 12:02 PM

I did pay for the premium delivery rate though, John, as I need them before this Thursday.

ckristoff
28 Apr 2008 - 12:05 PM

Strawman,

good point. But is my order urgent? I still use my Eos 3, which I shall continue to use as a back-up and for black and white photos.

I've used 7Dayshop for 2 years now and they deliver very well in my experience. I've been in business myself, so I don't think it's fair to criticise a company, simply because I, a consumer am feeling a tad impatient for a product. But that's just how I am. For £150 saving, I'm willing to wait until my birthday in June.

Frank.

strawman
28 Apr 2008 - 12:18 PM

Quote: good point. But is my order urgent?

No idea but you asked if you were the only one waiting so it sounds like you are getting a bit anxious.

Quote: I've used 7Dayshop for 2 years now and they deliver very well in my experience.

Glad to hear it, my experience and others have been of variable performance. Do a forum search.

Quote: For £150 saving, I'm willing to wait until my birthday in June.

The price saving is down to £50, Check out camera price buster and you will see dealers like Bristol cameras down to only £50 more. By June you could have no saving. For only £25 more you could pick up a 40D (after cash back) from Dixons today. That is a bargin. Smile In fact thinking of postage costs, they are close to the same price.

Last Modified By strawman at 28 Apr 2008 - 12:24 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.