Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stolen d700

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lisciu
lisciu  5 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2009 - 12:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150386355990

if you bought camera from this auction be aware it is stolen camera. It was stolen from me a week ago!

be aware of this seller!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Nov 2009 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

trivets12
trivets12  101156 forum posts
8 Nov 2009 - 12:40 PM

Have you reported this to the police?
Trudy

lisciu
lisciu  5 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2009 - 12:42 PM

It is reported. I reported to ebay but they did nothing. I was stuck for an hour on the phone between police and ebay.

User_Removed
8 Nov 2009 - 1:00 PM

eBay linky-link thingy...

mark_delta
8 Nov 2009 - 1:13 PM

i think you can request details of the seller if you have a account, he is in leeds, Let me know his details, by PM.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2009 - 1:14 PM

Well it certainly looks like a dodgy auction, I'm guessing that the scratch on the camera body is how you know its your particular camera.

Shame they have mounted that cheap and nasty lens on it.....Sad

Hope you have a result and get your camera back, Lets also hope they lock the thieving git up as well....Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2009 - 1:14 PM

What proof do you have that this camera is yours?

lisciu
lisciu  5 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2009 - 1:22 PM

i asked for the serial number. And as mentioned i know the scratch and the bigger memory card.

i have purchase proof, warranty with serial number, box, it is registered under my name on Nikon UK

lisciu
lisciu  5 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2009 - 1:23 PM

Quote: I think you can request details of the seller if you have a account, he is in leeds, Let me know his details, by PM.

thats what police and me as well were trying to get from ebay but there is no-one there on weekends

Snapper
Snapper  93768 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2009 - 1:27 PM

I see the listing has now ended. The good news will be if the thief gets done for this, but bad news is that they may want to keep the camera as evidence until the case comes to court.

Last Modified By Snapper at 8 Nov 2009 - 1:28 PM
lisciu
lisciu  5 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2009 - 1:30 PM

i hope it ll be sorted somehow. I spent more than hour today on the phone between ebay and police. It is really difficult to reach someone responsible and knowledgeable. I was being transferred million times and i came back to beginning.

If you have any ideas how to carry on with that case, please advise me, I can't think of what I should do now

User_Removed
8 Nov 2009 - 1:49 PM

Quote: If you have any ideas how to carry on with that case, please advise me, I can't think of what I should do now

See a Solicitor tomorrow.

User_Removed
8 Nov 2009 - 2:00 PM

yep pretty much typical of Ebay they want more and more money and less and less responsiblity. Good luck i hope you get it resolved

rgds
Dave

mark_delta
8 Nov 2009 - 2:27 PM

you may want to print this:
If you get no-where
Wait until they leave feedback, get the ID of the buyer, contact them and tell them unless they return the camera directly to you and not the seller you will issue immediate county court proceedings for a order to return it or to the value of.
you can get contact details via a e.bay form or by bidding on one of the buyers auctions
this is because you still hold title to the property, the seller has no legal right to sell the property.
If the buyer has paid for property that the seller had no right to sell then that is the buyers hard luck, you can sue for return of the property, the buyer will have to either live with the fact he was conned or try to get his money back.

fortunately this is the Law and if it was not, BIG ben would have been sold millions of times...

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
8 Nov 2009 - 3:06 PM

Real shame the auction has ended, I would have put a large bid on that to make sure I won it, which would have given me given me an invoice with the guys contact details on it.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.