Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Stolen photo, what to do!

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : locked by request - original question answered

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
28 Nov 2012 10:57PM
no - read back about 1, maybe 2 posts, and you'll see which I mean

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
28 Nov 2012 11:42PM
Ah I see, AP as in something else, most of us think of Amature Photographer when AP is mentioned.

I would have said get over it and move on (relating to that picture) but since the cunningly cropped the photographers name out, take them for as much as you can.
Stenno 7 11 England
29 Nov 2012 1:18AM

Quote:Http://www.partyhotels.co.uk/leeds.html

This company are using one of my images without my permission, any advice?

My image
http://www.wildphotolife.co.uk/Cityscapes%20and%20Man%20made/images/Leeds%20at%20night%205.jpg

Tim

Contact the host of their website, explaining to them that someone has uploaded a stolen/copyrighted image taken/owned by you...you might be surprised by the result!
Not too long ago a guy stole an image of mine, simply edited it using an auto paint software program and uploaded it onto DA professing it to be an original 'oil painting' created and owned by him...I reported it to the admins of the site who looked into it and discovered the guy was in the habit of fraudulently claiming the work of others, to be his own!
I also discovered who the host of his personal website was and they too took the whole matter very seriously, taking down his site until the image of mine and any others he was claimng to be 'his work' were removed.
I wasn't really interested in pushing for compensation, just wanted the guy exposed for what he was...a ****!!
29 Nov 2012 9:30AM
Thanks all for your advice, I shall give your ideas a go and see what happens.

Tim
tomcat e2
9 6.0k 15 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2012 9:07PM
I would be checking that there were no other toggers about, at the same time you took your imageSmile

Seems a usual place to take a photograph

I've seen images on here, that looked so similar to mine, that I have had a second look, but they weren't
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2012 11:09PM
How is he going to check that?

Look at em, clearly the same image.

30-11-2012-23-06-10.jpg

30-11-2012-23-06-36.jpg

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
12 Dec 2012 5:36PM

Quote:And buy next month's Advanced Photographer magazine.... got an 8 page spread on night HDR in it

I'll make absolutely certain to get that issue, it promises to be an excellent read. Smile

Got my copy, I said it would be good Tongue
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
12 Dec 2012 6:14PM
nice one - enjoy it?

not too much tuition, more the jumbled ramblings of a northern lad
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
12 Dec 2012 6:21PM
oh and I've got about 5 shots just like that one of the bridge in Leeds... could be mine!!!!!!!!!
gavrelle 2 31 England
17 Dec 2012 4:44AM
Looks like the same pic to me, All the buildings window lights are the same, only difference is the crop removing the top 5th conveniently removing the watermark.
17 Dec 2012 9:15AM
The top image shows slightly more reflection in the water than the bottom image (look at the horizontal lights to the right of the bottom curve of the letter S), so it would be difficult to argue they were the same image (unless the owner can prove the bottom image was a crop too)

EDIT: Nevermind, looked back at your original link and see you have the original there
17 Dec 2012 10:44AM
I think a simple change in size and play with the opacity in photoshop will show perfect alignment, very hard for someone to place his/her tripod to get an exact fit, never mind colours etc.
Fairly easy to prove.
boony 7 978 3 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 11:13AM
I haven't read all this thread so I may be repeating whats already been said but to be honest that picture could have by anyone, it could well be the same as yours because someone was stood in the same spot when they took it....
17 Dec 2012 11:35AM
To be honest you're not thinking it through. Guess you're having a slow day.
17 Dec 2012 11:45AM

Quote:I think a simple change in size and play with the opacity in photoshop will show perfect alignment, very hard for someone to place his/her tripod to get an exact fit, never mind colours etc.
Fairly easy to prove.

From your original image, yes, but not from the comparison post for the reason stated.