Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Stolen photo, what to do!

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : locked by request - original question answered

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 11:55AM
It's the same picture, same length of exposure, same white balance. Is anyone really suggesting, after looking at my screencaps above, that it's from two different photographers who just happened to be there at the same time? Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
17 Dec 2012 12:21PM
Overlaying in Photoshop and switching blending mode to 'difference' they virtually black one another out. A few feint outlines that are accounted for by fractional misalignment or different levels of sharpness. Sky patterns are also identical - softened slightly on website by resizing.
17 Dec 2012 12:24PM
Hi Chris, apparently some folk do, extraordinary I know, to think cloud
formations are exactly the same from one day to the next.
Any way to close this thread, it's getting silly.
17 Dec 2012 12:25PM

Quote:It's the same picture, same length of exposure, same white balance. Is anyone really suggesting, after looking at my screencaps above, that it's from two different photographers who just happened to be there at the same time? Grin

After seeing the original image, its obvious both caps are more than likely crops from the same image, but both caps have areas that the other doesnt (see earlier post). The only satisfactory way to prove they are the 'same' is looking at the original image - comparing the caps you posted alone would be inconclusive. That would only show both could have been taken at the same time from slightly different elevations or shooting angles
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 12:52PM
Paul are you suggesting seriously that it's two different photographers. Look at the steam out of the chimney, you'd have to expose at exactly the same time for the same length of time to match that. If you can go there and take your own photograph that looks as identical as those two do then I'll give you ten thousand pounds.