Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stop ,go ,stop ,go,

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: went sour! TAKE SOME HAPPY PILLS! Pete
bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91887 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 5:37 PM

Over the last 3-4 days on site it seems to be having spells when it's moving like a tortoise with a wooden leg.Comments slow to load up, slow from gallery to PFs,slow in the critique gallery,stopped completely one afternoon.
I am on broadband, it must be a nightmare for anyone who is not.
All other internet activities are working fine so don't throw it back on my computer.
Anyone shed any light on this please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Oct 2006 - 5:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
29 Oct 2006 - 6:01 PM

Agree Brian. T'aint yer m/c IMO... Ditto my end too.

There have been server issues; Pete did call that out yesterday (I think) but then something happened and the 'old girl' started to REALLY fly.

But - as you say - things are a bit sporadic at the moment. The last hour/two has been fine in fairness...

EDIT:

...that is until now!!!

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
29 Oct 2006 - 7:20 PM

No, you're not alone. I've noticed it too, particularly when I've been submitting comments to the Critique Gallery, but at other times too. It can take a couple of minutes to get the site to respond.

Doug
(also on broadband (4Mbs))

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91887 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 8:11 PM

The site has really gone on a wobbly now.One of my comments and several other comments have gone missing.
Please explain .

starstriders
29 Oct 2006 - 8:33 PM

Sorry all, we had a complaint about some accusatory (albeit tongue in cheek) comments.

User_Removed
29 Oct 2006 - 8:34 PM

Correction to earlier transmission:

It's DIRE!!

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 8:35 PM

Yep it's freezing up again - your IT guys must be tearing their hair out by now Pete ;-]

But I'm a patient woman. twitch

User_Removed
29 Oct 2006 - 8:37 PM

Flyin' now...

bricurtis
29 Oct 2006 - 9:02 PM

I did not realize we were down to 'big brother is watching you' editing on the threads. If you do not like the comments made why don't you lock the thread as usual.
Your excuse is pathetic.
Why not tell us who the objection came from !!!!!

Tony_M
Tony_M  10342 forum posts England
29 Oct 2006 - 9:08 PM

If there are problems with the running of the site, then the team probably know about it. I don't think they're leaving it that way on purpose. Server issues cannot be resolved in just a few minutes, and please remember it is Sunday night.

Perhaps wait a few days, and all should be back to normal again.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 9:34 PM

We are fully aware of issues and are trying to get to the bottom, as I explained on another thread.

We do not want the site running as it is and will do everything to resolve the occasional slow points. Although when it's running well it's very fast Smile

Please don't have a go Brian, we're just trying to keep things civil!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 9:38 PM

Quote: I did not realize we were down to 'big brother is watching you' editing on the threads.

That's what moderators do...... MODERATE! Smile

That's where the word came from...

bricurtis
29 Oct 2006 - 9:50 PM

Not trying to cause a stir Pete, but with respect I have to say I was very surprised that anyone could have taken offence at the very lighthearted comments that were deleted from this thread.

bricurtis
29 Oct 2006 - 9:58 PM

Quote: That's what moderators do...... MODERATE! Smile

Thanks for showing me your command of the written word.
You have really opened my eyes !!! who would have guessed that.

Did you actually see how trivial the deleted comments were.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2006 - 10:03 PM

Nope - but it sounded as if you needed a bit of clarification!! Wink

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: went sour! TAKE SOME HAPPY PILLS! Pete