Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stop taking rubbish photos.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 - 9:27 AM

Was in London over the weekend enjoying the sunshine and so were many others with cameras.

Maybe i'm getting old, but does anyone else get slightly irritated when you see someone attempting to be all 'photographer like' with their big bad SLR and attempting to take a good photo, but you can clearly see that the photo is just going to be yet another rubbish photo?

I almost want to shout 'stop taking rubbish photos' at them and show them some good ideas or ways to take a good photo. I supposed it all depends on your taste and what you are taking photos for.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Apr 2013 - 9:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:35 AM

Controversial!? Wink

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 - 9:38 AM

Quote: Controversial!? Wink

probably Smile, just wondering if anyone else gets the same feeling

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:39 AM

I've had other photographers look over my shoulder and tut/huff/snigger when they see what pops up on screen.
Wink

bainsybike

One man's rubbish is another man's happy memory. Looking at your pf, for example, I see a lot of photos with nothing but boring cars in them. Each to his own.

GarethRobinson

Well maybe what they see is not rubbish and do you really have any idea of what their artistic mind may be thinking.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:41 AM

Not really. But I have often looked at tourists and thought "you are taking a picture of one of the most beautiful landmarks in the world. Get that grinning idiot out of the way and I don't care if he is your husband".

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:42 AM

Surely in this day and age it doesn't matter what you shoot - it can always be sorted out in Photoshop when you get back home Tongue

davidburleson
15 Apr 2013 - 9:43 AM

Yea, I do have to consider that i don't know what they are taking the photo for, how they plan on editing it and i'll be the first to say i'm no great photographer. I suppose its all a matter of opinion Smile

GarethRobinson
15 Apr 2013 - 9:43 AM

brian1208 omg i hope thats not the way they work at your camera club lol.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 15 Apr 2013 - 9:47 AM
Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3644 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:48 AM

Constructive criticism is one thing, sticking your nose in where its not wanted is something else.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:48 AM

Sounds like you're talking about me. I'll be up there again today. Dare I upload later, I wonder. BlushGrin

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87253 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:50 AM

Quote: I've had other photographers look over my shoulder and tut/huff/snigger when they see what pops up on screen.
Wink

Yeah tell Maddie to put some clothes on.....Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 9:50 AM

Some do Gareth and I hear so many people saying that when I'm out and about with my camera

I've been told I'm a dinosaur when I put forward my ideas about trying to "get it right in the camera" (mind you, they are right about the Dinosaur bit, just for the wrong reasons Grin )

I'm getting sick to death of the number of judges who kick off their critique by explaining how it should have been "improved" in PS (mind you, its a hoot to hear them pontificate about some of my pics being a "Fine example of what can be done in PS" when they haven't been anywhere near it Wink )

GarethRobinson
15 Apr 2013 - 9:58 AM

brian1208 I think I will make a post about camera clubs with all my gripes about competitions etc it may be interesting to see what other clubs and members think. The debate may get heavy.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.