Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stop taking rubbish photos.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 3:58 PM

I do think that EPZ staff members should stick to "Has anybody seen any cute baby rabbits this weekend" threads. However, if anybody would like some yellow stickers the first bunch will be available by the statue of Constantine outside York Minster.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Apr 2013 - 3:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 4:48 PM

I'd love to have seen some cute baby rabbits this weekend but unfortunately they were all hidden underneath these huge yellow stickers. Who's brilliant idea was that, may I ask!? You go out especially to see cute baby rabbits and this is what happens. Tsk!

keithh
15 Apr 2013 - 4:52 PM

I already have 49 volunteer Stickerettes.

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 5:04 PM

Does EPZ have a 'Time of the month' Wink if so this must be it

joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 5:05 PM

Quote: I already have 49 volunteer Stickerettes.

Where do I sign up? Wink

Last Modified By joolsb at 15 Apr 2013 - 5:06 PM
keithh
15 Apr 2013 - 5:07 PM

You just did. Wink

50 Stickerettes.

" Don't be Mellow, Slap That Yellow."

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1327 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
15 Apr 2013 - 5:50 PM

Quote: So, although in it may be my opinion the photo "is rubbish" (his words) because it is not in focus; apparently it's ok because he has more technical ability than me (or more ways of excusing a poorly taken photograph).

I don't know the photo you are talking about but I think you are reading to much into it: some photos are 'happy accidents' where it is not technically perfect but 'it works' and the ability of the photographer has no bearing whatsoever. For example, normal convention would be to avoid camera shake yet there are some people doing great work with intentional camera movement during exposure (check out the thread 'drag landscapes').

mike: Your comment just confirms my point. Whether a photograph is good or not is entirely subjective. Yes, good focus, composition etc etc make for a classic "good photo" (or so I read) but when all is said and done, if I am pleased with what I have on my screen then that is all that matters. I just think it unfortunate that (particularly) a member of the staff should make such a comment which can only serve to put off newcomers to the field.

lawbert
lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 6:08 PM

Quote:
someone attempting to be all 'photographer like' with their big bad SLR and attempting to take a good photo, but you can clearly see that the photo is just going to be yet another rubbish photo?

I bow down in awe to your clarity of vision DavidWinkTongue

Your Ba**s must be crystal while us mere mortal male photographers have just a couple of plums and a bit of fluff to aid our vision of what others are doing with an SLRWinkTongue

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 6:43 PM

Oh Dear, the words 'mountain' and 'molehill' spring to mind . . .

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1327 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
15 Apr 2013 - 6:55 PM

Or maybe "arrogant" and "condescending"

lawbert
lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 6:57 PM

Quote: Oh Dear, the words 'mountain' and 'molehill' spring to mind . . .

Quote: Or maybe "arrogant" and "condescending"

Or trying to get a bit more traffic through the forums which are a bit dead of lateTongueWink

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41106 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 7:24 PM

I would probably be careful about commenting on other's photo's and maybe look at your own Wink.

petebfrance
15 Apr 2013 - 7:29 PM

Nice, though. We all woke up for a while. Back to sleep, it's Monday night so please do not disturb Wink

Incidentally, talking of rubbish - my latest upload (an absolutely stunning view of the Isle of Tristan as in Tristan and Isolde* - well, not actually stunning, come to think of it Sad and possibly not a lot to do with Tristran and Isolde) languished with no views at all - views, that is, not votes - whilst later uploads had lots of views, votes and so on. I think I may stop taking rubbish photos after all! At least, for various reasons that I won't go into here, I have not invested in a better camera......

*shameless plugging that one can get away with occasionally but not too oftenTongue

Last Modified By petebfrance at 15 Apr 2013 - 7:31 PM
RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Oh Dear, the words 'mountain' and 'molehill' spring to mind

More like "pot" & "kettle"? GrinGrinGrin
Are we not getting a bit uptight here girls? The guy was only making a light-hearted comment. I mean, he's from Texas so you have to make some allowances. He'll probably spit tobacco on your shoes if you upset him. Wink

keithh
15 Apr 2013 - 9:02 PM

Nobody's commenting on anybody's photos - for gods sake people lighten up and stop taking it all personally.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.