Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Strange Sea Monster washed ashore in Guinea

Kako e2
8 143
25 Oct 2009 12:03AM
Just seen this link to a series of pictures on Pravda website from 23/10, showing a whale sized 'hairy monster' that wahed up on a beach in Guinea, West Africa. See what you think. Hairy sea Monster .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 7 736 4
25 Oct 2009 12:26AM
Singed duvet? Or can anyone else see the Jesus-after-a-couple-of-pints face, slumped on the ground? Could be Gandalf after the Sambucas, alternatively.
User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2009 8:50AM
Looks like a partially decomposed baleen whale to me
BernieS e2
6 243 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2009 9:00AM
Couldn't help noticing that virtually every other photograph on that site was either military hardware, or scantily clad women - is this the kind of impression that Russia really wants to give of itself the West?
Adderwatcher 5 60 19 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2009 12:55PM

Quote:Looks like a partially decomposed baleen whale to me

Me too, though i'm no expert on whales and the like. look sililer to another "monster" that washed up in new zealand a few years back.
Kako e2
8 143
25 Oct 2009 3:19PM
It s a bit hard to tell from the photo but does the body seem very wide - almost like a manta ray in proportion?
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Oct 2009 5:06PM

Quote:Couldn't help noticing that virtually every other photograph on that site was either military hardware, or scantily clad women - is this the kind of impression that Russia really wants to give of itself the West?

how about this then

Smile Smile
BernieS e2
6 243 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2009 7:39PM

Quote:how about this then

OMG - we must increase our defence spending immediately! I can remember the days when all we had to worry about coming from the East was Communism!!!! Smile Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.