Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Street Photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MediumSizeUnavailable

if you print out the frame at 1:40 in the vdo you got yourself a great 'street' shot Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Oct 2012 - 10:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315614 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2012 - 10:25 PM

The cat on the shelf ?

MediumSizeUnavailable

one second earlier Tongue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315614 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hehe yeh

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 7:39 AM

Quote: How about a link as well

Why post links - just pop the video straight into your post

any technical reason why the video won't maximise?

Quote: Isn't street photography just photography for those who can't find a decent landscape ?

Tongue

but are your landscapes emotional? Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 9:20 AM

Quote: but are your landscapes emotional?

They are to me - where as my street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 10 Oct 2012 - 9:20 AM
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 9:22 AM

Quote: but are your landscapes emotional?
They are to me - where as my street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?

you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'? Smile

mikehit
mikehit  56681 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 9:50 AM

I see very few 'street' scenes that are emotional and I see some exceptionally emotional landscapes.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 10:02 AM

Quote: you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'?

I'm sure you've got a point but I'm just not sure what it is..

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 10 Oct 2012 - 10:02 AM
cats_123
10 Oct 2012 - 10:38 AM

Quote: you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'?

I'm sure you've got a point but I'm just not sure what it is..

well...you said "street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?"...obviously people who enjoy `street photography' care about that...it's all about human interaction and what other people do with their lives that (to me) is the interest. I'm not saying I care about them any more or any less, just interested. Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64533 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 4:23 PM

Street photography for me is a chance encounter. A quick capture. A slice of life, hopefully interesting in some way. Being out and about and maybe capturing a fleeting story if I'm lucky.

I think people like looking at other people and street stuff is so suited to b/w too. I find that very appealing having cut my teeth on TMax 400 and TriX. I like to do the
odd landscape and other things but I'm not one to sit around all day waiting for the light or having to do lots of planning.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 10 Oct 2012 - 4:24 PM
B_Real
B_Real  9126 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 - 5:02 PM

Quote: Quote: Paul you've gone from not having a clue about it, to knowing everything about it in the space of a day

I`ve been at it for thirty odd years.

Quote: Where have you seen street photography being described as the most basic form of photography?

Sit back and think about it

Firstly its not a genre, its a style and a way of working.

Been at what exactly? Talking garbage? If you've been doing street photography for thirty odd years, why are you asking stupid mocking questions and making patronising statements on my thread? And why are you trying to say it's not a genre? Who the hell cares if its a genre. Is 'Digital Manipulation' a genre? Is 'Humour/Fun' a genre? I didn't ask if it was a genre. My original post asked whether it's a recognised form of photography on this site. For someone with 30 years experience, I would have hoped for more constructive responses than cheap attempts to display knowledge and score points.

And your response to my question is insulting. Sit back and think about it? I had already done that, and concluded that your general comments on here are confusing, argumentative, dogmatic and lacking in credence. Hence I asked you the question about where you had seen street photography being described as the most basic form of photography, because I have not seen anyone describe it as such (apart from yourself). If you have a valid reference for this opinion then I would like to hear it, but as it stands it just sounds like you're a wind up merchant.

B_Real
B_Real  9126 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 - 5:31 PM

If street photography wasn't a recognised form of photography no one would be posting on this site? That doesn't make any sense.

Paul Morgan
10 Oct 2012 - 5:46 PM

You asked if street photography was recognised on this site, a silly question really, add your own tags.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64533 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 7:03 PM

Quote: You asked if street photography was recognised on this site, a silly question really, add your own tags.

That's what I do. Smile

Last Modified By SlowSong at 10 Oct 2012 - 7:03 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.