Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Street Photography

if you print out the frame at 1:40 in the vdo you got yourself a great 'street' shot Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2012 10:25PM
The cat on the shelf ?
one second earlier Tongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2012 10:45PM
Hehe yeh
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
10 Oct 2012 7:39AM

Quote:How about a link as well

Why post links - just pop the video straight into your post

any technical reason why the video won't maximise?

Quote:Isn't street photography just photography for those who can't find a decent landscape ?

Tongue

but are your landscapes emotional? Smile
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 9:20AM

Quote:but are your landscapes emotional?

They are to me - where as my street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?
cats_123 e2
10 Oct 2012 9:22AM

Quote:but are your landscapes emotional?
They are to me - where as my street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?

you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'? Smile
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 9:50AM
I see very few 'street' scenes that are emotional and I see some exceptionally emotional landscapes.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 10:02AM

Quote:you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'?

I'm sure you've got a point but I'm just not sure what it is..
cats_123 e2
10 Oct 2012 10:38AM

Quote:you might just as well say `who cares about other human beings'?

I'm sure you've got a point but I'm just not sure what it is..

well...you said "street photography is just full of people I don't know and who cares about that?"...obviously people who enjoy `street photography' care about that...it's all about human interaction and what other people do with their lives that (to me) is the interest. I'm not saying I care about them any more or any less, just interested. Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
10 Oct 2012 4:23PM
Street photography for me is a chance encounter. A quick capture. A slice of life, hopefully interesting in some way. Being out and about and maybe capturing a fleeting story if I'm lucky.

I think people like looking at other people and street stuff is so suited to b/w too. I find that very appealing having cut my teeth on TMax 400 and TriX. I like to do the
odd landscape and other things but I'm not one to sit around all day waiting for the light or having to do lots of planning.
B_Real e2
9 126 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 5:02PM

Quote:Quote: Paul you've gone from not having a clue about it, to knowing everything about it in the space of a day

I`ve been at it for thirty odd years.

Quote: Where have you seen street photography being described as the most basic form of photography?

Sit back and think about it

Firstly its not a genre, its a style and a way of working.

Been at what exactly? Talking garbage? If you've been doing street photography for thirty odd years, why are you asking stupid mocking questions and making patronising statements on my thread? And why are you trying to say it's not a genre? Who the hell cares if its a genre. Is 'Digital Manipulation' a genre? Is 'Humour/Fun' a genre? I didn't ask if it was a genre. My original post asked whether it's a recognised form of photography on this site. For someone with 30 years experience, I would have hoped for more constructive responses than cheap attempts to display knowledge and score points.

And your response to my question is insulting. Sit back and think about it? I had already done that, and concluded that your general comments on here are confusing, argumentative, dogmatic and lacking in credence. Hence I asked you the question about where you had seen street photography being described as the most basic form of photography, because I have not seen anyone describe it as such (apart from yourself). If you have a valid reference for this opinion then I would like to hear it, but as it stands it just sounds like you're a wind up merchant.
B_Real e2
9 126 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 5:31PM
If street photography wasn't a recognised form of photography no one would be posting on this site? That doesn't make any sense.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
10 Oct 2012 5:46PM
You asked if street photography was recognised on this site, a silly question really, add your own tags.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
10 Oct 2012 7:03PM

Quote:You asked if street photography was recognised on this site, a silly question really, add your own tags.
That's what I do. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.