Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Street Photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314963 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2012 - 5:28 PM

I think he just means the technical stuff is important but it just comes naturally, almost without thinking about it, guess this all comes from having a full understanding of your camera to start with.

I`ve never used P mode, I`ve always used AP with exposer comp, a throw back from the film days, even though I use digital is still treat it like film photography, no chimping, I just know when its right.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 17 Oct 2012 - 5:30 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Oct 2012 - 5:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2012 - 5:30 PM

Quote: I`ve never used P mode, I`ve always used AP with exposer comp, a throw back from the film days.

Me to. I often wonder if I could still hack it with film but since I sold the darkroom I've not picked up a roll of film.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314963 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2012 - 1:02 AM

I still use film a bit, just a little Smile

Paul Morgan
18 Oct 2012 - 4:27 PM

Quote: If anyone's still reading this thread - what camera / lens do you use for street photography? I'm on the hunt for my next camera, and the OMD or RX100 are looking great for this kind of stuff...

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/olympus-om-d-e-m5-2-month-user-review-20379

Andy80F
Andy80F  11306 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Oct 2012 - 5:38 PM

Just got a Fuji X100 in black and plucking up the gaul to try some street photography with it. Its not a "dead easy" camera to use but so far the results are smashing and it is totally silent in use. If I could have I'd have gone for the Fuji X-pro-1 with its interchangeable lenses. The XE-1 also looks great.

Paul Morgan
18 Oct 2012 - 5:46 PM

Lol its a lovely little camera, I still want one, its fine if you can live with something fixed around 40mm Smile

Lydia
Lydia  2 Greece
19 Oct 2012 - 2:03 PM

I couldn't, I'm still in love with the X-10 and you want a new one!!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96001 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Oct 2012 - 2:25 PM

Quote: I couldn't, I'm still in love with the X-10 and you want a new one!!

Glad to hear it - mine goes everywhere with me without fail Smile

Paul Morgan
19 Oct 2012 - 4:10 PM

No not an x10 a x100 Smile

Have you two updated the to the new firmware yet.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96001 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Oct 2012 - 4:14 PM

No not an x10 a x100 Smile

Have you two updated the to the new firmware yet.

Yep - I thought you meant the X100 - I still don't want one Smile

I've not done the firmware yet - I keep remembering and then forgetting about it - too busy playing with plastic skeletons in the evenings Smile

Paul Morgan
19 Oct 2012 - 4:23 PM

Firmware seems pretty good, adds a quick menu and some effects filters.

Lydia
Lydia  2 Greece
19 Oct 2012 - 6:24 PM

I'm mojoless and E2 less and the X-10 is somewhere in a cupboard. I am planning on getting it outSmile

Lydia
Lydia  2 Greece
19 Oct 2012 - 6:28 PM

plastic skeletons??? I have an assortment of real ones, also in the same 'cupboard'. Nothing changes LOL. I also have access to an ossuary....!

cattyal
19 Oct 2012 - 9:07 PM

Sorry - but someone who has access to those kind of goodies is no longer a friend of mine Wink That's just not fair!

cattyal
19 Oct 2012 - 11:13 PM

Quote: Firmware seems pretty good, adds a quick menu and some effects filters.

Update done - time for bed now and I'll play with the new goodies tomorrow Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.