Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stuart Holland

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
User_Removed
30 Nov 2012 - 7:55 PM

Oh Dear God!

Michael. Words fail me... He was one of 'The Stalwarts' here...

My sincere condolences to his family - please pass them on.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Nov 2012 - 7:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014713 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2012 - 8:14 PM

My thoughts are with you and his family.

Denny

MrGoatsmilk
30 Nov 2012 - 8:32 PM

Very sad news, such a shame. My thoughts are also with you and his family.

Greyheron
Greyheron e2 Member 12277 forum postsGreyheron vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2012 - 8:37 PM

My thoughts are with you Michael and Stuarts family...

Mike

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9359 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
30 Nov 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thoughts and prayers for you and his family.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2012 - 10:26 PM

On, that is terrible news.

I met Stewart a couple of times on The Epz Epping Forest meets, seemed like a real gent.
Really sad to hear of his passing.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2012 - 11:13 PM

Gob-smacked! that's shocking news. I met Stuart on one of Chris' Epping Forest meets and it was one of the reasons I travelled so far for the day because I knew he was going and had never met him, but had many virtual connections through the forums with him over the seven years he'd been on ePHOTOzine (now nine). And as I'd imagined he was a lovely man. Hard to understand what someone must have been going through. I hope, as one of his best friends you're ok Michael and of course my thoughts are also with Stuart's family and close ones.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114508 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 3:47 AM

A tragedy indeed, our heart felt sympathies to his family & friends.....

Ade & Sue

cameraman
cameraman  11227 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thank you all so very much for your very kind words and wishes. At a time like this they provide a lot of comfort.

Stuart lived alone and only has 3 living relatives, a niece and nephew that he rarely saw and another niece of whom he was very fond. She will be arranging his funeral and will visit me later today. I will pass to her your messages of sympathy. My wife and I, along with a few other friends, gave Stuart his only sense of ‘family’.

Life can be a bit of a bitch.
Just 4 weeks ago I had to have my beloved german shepherd Quinn put to sleep. He was old and infirm and it was the kindest thing to do. It was also the hardest and most painful decision I have ever had to make and I am still full of grief.

I know Stuart feared being aged and infirm and I am sure it was part of the reason for his action.

Michael.

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Dec 2012 - 1:32 AM

I am so very sorry to hear this. The shock of Stuarts death on your own very personal (and so often unrecognised by those who are not dog lovers) grief for the loss of Quinn must have hit you very hard, and is a loss to this community.

I now have many elderly friends and family - it changes ones perspective. Perhaps I'll go visit one of them next week.

RonnieAG
RonnieAG e2 Member 4139 forum postsRonnieAG vcard Scotland111 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 2:27 AM

So sad to hear of this tragic news: thank you for letting us all know, Michael.

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 7:42 PM

Such sad news. Such a dark place he must have been in.. My condolences.

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Dec 2012 - 8:28 PM

Very sad news. I met Stuart a couple of times a few years back, he was a really nice man.

Terry L
Terry L e2 Member 10577 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 10:49 PM

So sorry to hear this Michael, I met Stuart a few times at the BWC, he was always very much a Gentleman and a pleasure to talk to.

Sincere condolences

Terry & Sharon

cameraman
cameraman  11227 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.
Stuart's funeral will be on Monday at Milton Keynes Crematorium.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.