Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Stuck battery.

seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 4:27PM
Hi all

I don't know whether anyone can help with this but...

The battery in my D7000 is stuck inside the compartment and I can't get it out. It's a Hahnel, not the original Nikon battery. The Hahnel is the correct type. I've used Hahnel batteries with my other cameras and never had this problem before.

Has anyone any bright ideas about how to free it? I'll check on Nikon's own forum but thought I'd ask here first.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 4:39PM
Try using sellotape or similar for a start....if it's really stuck, attach something to it with a tiny spot of superglue and pull it out.

After you've got it out, judicious use of sandpaper should prevent it happening again.
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 5:06PM
Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.
What should I sandpaper exactly?
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
4 Dec 2012 6:53PM

Quote:Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.

Not the camera lens if you can avoid it!

Wink
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 7:21PM

Quote:Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.

The sides and back of the battery......preferably not the flat side with the contacts.
You should be able to tell where it's tight by looking at it.
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 7:57PM
Oh, LeftForum, very droll, do you seriously think I'd sandpaper the lens of the ******* camera!!
I asked a sensible question and expected a sensible answer. Thankfully I got one from rogerfry - much appreciated, thanks Roger.
As for LeftForum, get a life!!
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 8:26PM
I thought his comment was funny, there was a long running thread on here years ago about cleaning sensors. Some people advocated the use of Vim. Personally I used to put some dog food in mine I let the whippets at it, having long noses & tongues, they could reach parts of the sensor that other cleaners couldn't. Smile
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 8:29PM
Can you tell from looking where the battery is binding when you slide it in? There might be small marks where the plastic rubs.

Nick
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
4 Dec 2012 10:13PM

Quote:I thought his comment was funny,

So did I.
It was obviously, to me, tongue-in-cheek
And yes! I remember that thread. Another suggestion was bleach and a Brillo pad.
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2012 10:45AM
Sorry guys, I was somewhat frazzled yesterday afternoon and let my bad temper get the better of me. My apologies to LeftForum and thanks to others for the constructive suggestions.

While still on the topic of the battery, I emailed Nikon support. Some bright spark there referred me to the camera manual (which I had already read) and suggested I return camera to Nikon for repair at my own expense!. I think Nikon make great cameras but their support service is in need of some work.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
5 Dec 2012 11:00AM

Quote:My apologies to LeftForum .

That's OK Seahawk.

As I have often said on this forum - there are no silly questions; only silly answers. And I do give my share of those!

Wink
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2012 9:00PM
Fine sandpaper then smear with silicon polish
5 Dec 2012 9:14PM
Just not on the lens. Only the battery.

Tongue
5 Dec 2012 9:15PM
Though we used to make soft focus filters with light sandpaper or Vaseline on a uv filter.....
5 Dec 2012 9:17PM
From your initial post though, it's a third party battery, and I doubt Nikon would do anything unless it was a genuine Nikon one.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.