Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Stuck battery.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    4 Dec 2012 - 4:27 PM

Hi all

I don't know whether anyone can help with this but...

The battery in my D7000 is stuck inside the compartment and I can't get it out. It's a Hahnel, not the original Nikon battery. The Hahnel is the correct type. I've used Hahnel batteries with my other cameras and never had this problem before.

Has anyone any bright ideas about how to free it? I'll check on Nikon's own forum but thought I'd ask here first.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Dec 2012 - 4:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    4 Dec 2012 - 4:39 PM

Try using sellotape or similar for a start....if it's really stuck, attach something to it with a tiny spot of superglue and pull it out.

After you've got it out, judicious use of sandpaper should prevent it happening again.

seahawk
    4 Dec 2012 - 5:06 PM

Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.
    What should I sandpaper exactly?

User_Removed
    4 Dec 2012 - 6:53 PM

Quote: Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.

Not the camera lens if you can avoid it!

Wink

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    4 Dec 2012 - 7:21 PM

Quote: Thanks Roger, the tape trick worked.

The sides and back of the battery......preferably not the flat side with the contacts.
    You should be able to tell where it's tight by looking at it.

Last Modified By rogerfry at 4 Dec 2012 - 7:22 PM
    seahawk
    4 Dec 2012 - 7:57 PM

Oh, LeftForum, very droll, do you seriously think I'd sandpaper the lens of the ******* camera!!
    I asked a sensible question and expected a sensible answer. Thankfully I got one from rogerfry - much appreciated, thanks Roger.
    As for LeftForum, get a life!!

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM

I thought his comment was funny, there was a long running thread on here years ago about cleaning sensors. Some people advocated the use of Vim. Personally I used to put some dog food in mine I let the whippets at it, having long noses & tongues, they could reach parts of the sensor that other cleaners couldn't. Smile

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41174 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Dec 2012 - 8:29 PM

Can you tell from looking where the battery is binding when you slide it in? There might be small marks where the plastic rubs.

Nick

Jestertheclown
    4 Dec 2012 - 10:13 PM

Quote: I thought his comment was funny,

So did I.
    It was obviously, to me, tongue-in-cheek
    And yes! I remember that thread. Another suggestion was bleach and a Brillo pad.

seahawk
    5 Dec 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sorry guys, I was somewhat frazzled yesterday afternoon and let my bad temper get the better of me. My apologies to LeftForum and thanks to others for the constructive suggestions.

While still on the topic of the battery, I emailed Nikon support. Some bright spark there referred me to the camera manual (which I had already read) and suggested I return camera to Nikon for repair at my own expense!. I think Nikon make great cameras but their support service is in need of some work.

User_Removed
    5 Dec 2012 - 11:00 AM

Quote: My apologies to LeftForum .

That's OK Seahawk.

As I have often said on this forum - there are no silly questions; only silly answers. And I do give my share of those!

Wink

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 9:00 PM

Fine sandpaper then smear with silicon polish

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41174 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 9:14 PM

Just not on the lens. Only the battery.

Tongue

Sooty_1
    5 Dec 2012 - 9:15 PM

Though we used to make soft focus filters with light sandpaper or Vaseline on a uv filter.....

Sooty_1
    5 Dec 2012 - 9:17 PM

From your initial post though, it's a third party battery, and I doubt Nikon would do anything unless it was a genuine Nikon one.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.