Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Studio & insurance

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
JohnLynch
JohnLynch  678 forum posts Ireland6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Oct 2009 - 4:55 PM

I have just taken on a small studio. I am expecting to have people come into the space. I am currently insured as an amateur. I will have to upgrade my insurance no and probably include public liability insurance. I am looking for the right company and the right package.

Can anyone give me any pointers please?

* a helpful insurance company?
* typical pitfalls?
* right questions to ask?

............that sort of thing.

JL

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Oct 2009 - 4:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Oct 2009 - 6:15 PM

I would suggest aaduki

PeterLanky
21 Oct 2009 - 8:43 PM

Quote: I would suggest aaduki

I would second that!

link

Last Modified By PeterLanky at 21 Oct 2009 - 8:43 PM
csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2009 - 9:12 PM

I am also looking for a new insurer and I have spoken with both Aaduki and Imaging Insurance as recommended by a few on here.

So both worth a call to see which gives the best price/deal.

garth01
garth01  863 forum posts
22 Oct 2009 - 11:03 PM

I am also looking for a similar insurance on my studio and tried Aaduki for an instant quote,a lot dearer than photoguards online quote,am I missing something or can any one recommend photoguard,dont want to waste my money but also dont want to be caught short if I need to claim,thanks Gareth.

peter_davey
22 Oct 2009 - 11:16 PM

agree with aaduki, very good, you can add extra kit and extra premisies for little or no cost, i have an office and a studio now all covered as well as the car, you will need PI and PL but may need to consider EL if you have assistants.

LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2009 - 11:33 PM

I'm also looking for insurance, and public liability, anybody had to make claims with either of them? How did they handle the claim?

Steve

peter_davey
22 Oct 2009 - 11:38 PM

never had to make a claim and that's how it should be Smile

LensYews
23 Oct 2009 - 12:13 AM

Quote: Never had to make a claim and that's how it should be

Agreed, and I can't recall the last time I had to claim on any type of insurance either. But having read some of the recent insurance experiences in the forums, I'd prefer to know that the company would manage the claim professional should it come to that.

peter_davey
23 Oct 2009 - 12:16 AM

true

FatHandedChap
23 Oct 2009 - 10:21 AM

I used Photoguards online quote which came out quite well until I phoned and needed to add other things which pushed the price up and beyond that of Aaduki. It was things like IT, portfolio, display materials etc.

I settled for Aaduki. (touch wood never made a claim.)

Tony

LensYews
7 Nov 2009 - 2:49 PM

Does anyone have experience of processing a claim via Aaduki?

From everything else I've read on the forum they appear to be the insurer to go with, but would prefer to choose one with a good record of claims handling (although touch wood I'd never need to use the process).

Steve

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123785 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2009 - 4:06 PM

I agree that the test of a good insurance company is not how seemingly inexpensive they are but how good, competent, quick and efficient they are when the chips are down.
The insurance company I am with managed to botch a simple direct debit so I doubt how they would handle a claim so I am looking for a new supplier; a contact tells me that Towergate are very good but not the cheapest but of course may be the least expensive if things went awry.

mark_delta
7 Nov 2009 - 5:47 PM

Yes !
Here we go... All locks on doors and windows must be of a type approved by a recognised security expert and be fitted by a qualified security expert locksmith.
Or if you get burgled you get nothing !
from any of them !
in short, hire a security expert or locksmith and get him to fit brand new locks to all doors and windows that meet the security ratings set by the insurance company and issue you with a certificate from the lock manufacture to state the locks meet the standard.
store the certificates and receipts away from the premises
It matters nothing if all the locks meet the standards already unless you have a receipt for them fitting, again by a locksmith and the security certificate for the lock, if not they will claim it was incorrectly fitted and not a genuine product, but a copy or you could not produce all 3 original keys for the locks, the number of keys is on the certificate, loose one and you need a new lock, not a new key
Be warned ! they will not mention this when grabbing your cash, only when you want to claim.
A copper bottomed get out clause.

Last Modified By mark_delta at 7 Nov 2009 - 5:50 PM
User_Removed
7 Nov 2009 - 7:40 PM

mark_delta - the OP was asking about insurance companies and what questions to ask them. Once again, you are off topic.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.