Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Studio hire - thoughts much appreciated.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Daisy_intheMill
    16 Apr 2008 - 11:37 AM

I've recently taken on premises in Mossley in Tameside, Greater Manchesrter, for myself as a professional photographer. It is, in essence, a studio - albeit a basic studio. I use it to meet with clients and as a basic ( although to be upgraded v. soon) studio for portraits. I've recently been approached by a couple of photographers interested in hiring the unit.
    I'd not intended to hire out but was hoping some advice could be gleened from you lot as to what you would expect from a studio hire and whether it is something that other photographers would be interested in. I really have no idea as to the needs of local amateur photographers. Many thanks for any gems.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Apr 2008 - 11:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Badger
    Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2008 - 11:52 AM

It might be worth having a chat with Horse, he runs a studio in Preston, and hires it out.

Daisy_intheMill
    16 Apr 2008 - 2:27 PM

Thanks Matt.
    I take it there's not much interest then! If anyone is interested then just drop me a line - although availability is limited. Image of the studio on my website ; href="http://www.jude.gidney@virgin.net" rel="nofollow" >www.jude.gidney@virgin.net

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2008 - 2:34 PM

I'd suggest that you bump this thread up later on this evening - most poor souls are stuck at work but will doubtless be about this evening Smile

DerekLG
    DerekLG  6 United Kingdom
    16 Apr 2008 - 4:13 PM

I've seen some studios for hire around Lincolnshire and they charge between 15-20 per hour with a minimum time of two hours. should be a good starting point or search the net for other studios for hire to get an idea of charges.

Daisy_intheMill
    16 Apr 2008 - 7:55 PM

Thanks Derek. I've actually had a chance to do a quick scan. One thing I've found is that a lot of studios seem to involve models as well. Now at a risk of sounding prudish, I'm not into taking photographs of young ladies - more children, families and couples. The studio has quite a few attractive toys ( teddy bears, picnic hampers etc). Unfortunately becos of the high of the ceiling hanging lights isn't really an option, so I can't say it's truly child friendly.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.