Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Studio Kit

5 May 2012 8:40AM
Would like to buy myself a studio kit (or a single unit, stand, softbox) which is pretty portable. Got a couple of friends weddings to shoot this year and would like some back up lighting just in case the weather is bad!
Budget around 500.......any advise would be much appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I brought a Jacobs 2 head 160 studio kit at christmas when they where on offer for 150. When I got home I typed in the make of the heads and the same kit under a different name at the studio lighting shops and websites was 300. I am more then happy with it.
big fella 11 485 England
5 May 2012 2:17PM
Elinchrom D-lites....
Miles Herbert 12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
5 May 2012 9:45PM
Another vote for Elinchrom D-Lites ... I have a set of the original Mk I's which have been very heavily used over the last several years and apart from the very occasional overheat when we pushed them too hard in a hot room they are still working perfectly ... I also have a set of the newer D-Lite IT's with the built in fan and they have never gone wrong.
thebigyin e2
9 81 6 United Kingdom
6 May 2012 4:32PM
Forget the cheap Chinese import sets you see on the likes of Amazon the Elinchrom D-lites are the best for that budget.

I have both, and the D-lites deliver every time.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
6 May 2012 7:44PM
Just pick up a second strobe, and a stand and brolly or two.

You don`t really want to be lumping around a studio kit at a wedding.
duratorque 11 413 United Kingdom
6 May 2012 9:24PM
I agree. Studio light is not very useful at weddings. I just shot one with off camera flash guns.
PhilipHowe 4 10 1 United Kingdom
9 May 2012 2:46PM
Two second hand Canon 580 ex and some stands, softbox/brollies. Fully portable and are made to be carried around.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.