Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Submitting news images

Paul65 6 258 England
8 Sep 2010 9:18PM
The Tour of Britain cycle race passes nearby to me this Saturday so I thought i'd go and capture some images. Then I thought that maybe the local press/publications may want to purchase some of my work. What's the best way to go about selling said shots (assuming they're any good)?

I've already e-mailed some publications asking them to reply if they think they may be interested but maybe the best way would just be to send them some images.

If I sent them via e-mail then how do I protect copyright - send low res or with a watermark maybe??

Don't expect much success but just want people's thoughts and advise really.

Thanks
Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2010 9:49AM
Low res and a semi-transparent watermark accross the middle.
They can then contact you if they want to use anything.
You can better your chances of raising interest, by giving a more unique perspective - low and/or wide angle shots, but also capturing any sprints or breakaways that occur - something that really catches the action, plus of course, any pile-ups that may happen.
Paul65 6 258 England
9 Sep 2010 7:51PM
Thanks for the feedback Andrew.

I've since received a couple of e-mails showing some interest Smile Let's see what happens...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.