Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Such a long wish list and so little money!

AnneB50 e2
2 114 18 Scotland
24 Oct 2013 12:06PM
Even with a birthday in November and Christmas rolled into one, there is no way I can afford even half of what is one my wish list!

I enjoy landscape photography and have a workshop coming up in Glencoe in February with Colin Prior. I have a sigma 18-105 and 10-20 for my Nikon D7000 but would like a prime, but which one?

Also really enjoy macro and have a Nikon 105 macro which I love but sometimes I'm just too close and others not close enough. I'd also like a ring flash, although I've recently read a post on another forum saying how flat the results can be and yet another where someone produces a home-made soft box out of a plastic pudding basin which he says does the trick for him. Oh and then there are the Lee filters and new waterproofs and boots for my Glencoe trip. I've also noticed that the tooth fairy no longer puts a penny under my pillow when I lose a tooth, I just get a 400 bill from the dentist!

Anyone else out there with the same dilemma?

And before anyone says I could have got all of that for the cost of the Colin Prior workshop, I'd rather make do with the kit I have!

Anne

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 12:22PM

Quote: I'd rather make do with the kit I have!

....problem solved....that were easy Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
24 Oct 2013 12:27PM
All I currently want/need is a decent macro to replace the stop-gap cheapie I'm currently using and a decent set of working lights since the set I have are rather less than reliable Sad

What I really really really want is more flipping time!
AnneB50 e2
2 114 18 Scotland
24 Oct 2013 12:50PM

Quote: What I really really really want is more flipping time!

Ah yes, there is that too!
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 12:55PM
I'm always wanting stuff but would particularly love to go full frame
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
24 Oct 2013 1:07PM
I have just come back from a week in Snowdonia, so all I want is to move there ! !
gary_d e2
7 576 13 Wales
24 Oct 2013 1:51PM
I am in good health and all I want is to stay that way.
pink e2
11 1.9k 5 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 3:26PM
February in Glencoe.....Boots and waterproofs have got to be top priority.
Enjoy
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
24 Oct 2013 3:52PM
A holiday and/or a full night's sleep. Not had either for years.
Photographically - an imagination.
AnneB50 e2
2 114 18 Scotland
24 Oct 2013 10:03PM

Quote:I am in good health and all I want is to stay that way.

Can't argue with that Gary
capto e2
2 1.5k 7 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 11:45PM
When you stop wanting you will have lost your interest.Smile
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
25 Oct 2013 3:51AM
Seriously?
steve486 e2
4 126 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2013 9:10AM
february in glencoe, you might be home for march!
CDSINUK e2
2 223 England
25 Oct 2013 10:03AM
ive given up on photography for now, the more i'm learning the more equipment I want,
it just is all out of reach at the moment, you don't see many photo's comps being won with basic equipment these day's, not that I purely want to win competitions that is, i just always feel out of the running, after a recent trip to sky I was so disapointed with my photo's quality wise,
ive just decided to give up, the wanting and needing and constant let down of kit lenses was getting too much Sad
AnneB50 e2
2 114 18 Scotland
25 Oct 2013 11:06AM

Quote:Ive given up on photography for now, the more i'm learning the more equipment I want,
it just is all out of reach at the moment, you don't see many photo's comps being won with basic equipment these day's, not that I purely want to win competitions that is, i just always feel out of the running, after a recent trip to sky I was so disapointed with my photo's quality wise,
ive just decided to give up, the wanting and needing and constant let down of kit lenses was getting too much Sad

Ah Chris that is such a shame, you have some lovely images in your portfolio, must admit though I've done the same with golf. Not my equipment that is at fault there though!!

Anne

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.