Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Such a long wish list and so little money!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AnneB50
AnneB50 e2 Member 284 forum postsAnneB50 vcard Scotland18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 12:06 PM

Even with a birthday in November and Christmas rolled into one, there is no way I can afford even half of what is one my wish list!

I enjoy landscape photography and have a workshop coming up in Glencoe in February with Colin Prior. I have a sigma 18-105 and 10-20 for my Nikon D7000 but would like a prime, but which one?

Also really enjoy macro and have a Nikon 105 macro which I love but sometimes I'm just too close and others not close enough. I'd also like a ring flash, although I've recently read a post on another forum saying how flat the results can be and yet another where someone produces a home-made soft box out of a plastic pudding basin which he says does the trick for him. Oh and then there are the Lee filters and new waterproofs and boots for my Glencoe trip. I've also noticed that the tooth fairy no longer puts a penny under my pillow when I lose a tooth, I just get a 400 bill from the dentist!

Anyone else out there with the same dilemma?

And before anyone says I could have got all of that for the cost of the Colin Prior workshop, I'd rather make do with the kit I have!

Anne

Last Modified By AnneB50 at 24 Oct 2013 - 12:07 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Oct 2013 - 12:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 - 12:22 PM

Quote: I'd rather make do with the kit I have!

....problem solved....that were easy Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 12:27 PM

All I currently want/need is a decent macro to replace the stop-gap cheapie I'm currently using and a decent set of working lights since the set I have are rather less than reliable Sad

What I really really really want is more flipping time!

AnneB50
AnneB50 e2 Member 284 forum postsAnneB50 vcard Scotland18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 12:50 PM

Quote: What I really really really want is more flipping time!

Ah yes, there is that too!

sitan1
sitan1  5460 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm always wanting stuff but would particularly love to go full frame

JJGEE
JJGEE  96228 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 1:07 PM

I have just come back from a week in Snowdonia, so all I want is to move there ! !

gary_d
gary_d e2 Member 6519 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 1:51 PM

I am in good health and all I want is to stay that way.

pink
pink  111431 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 3:26 PM

February in Glencoe.....Boots and waterproofs have got to be top priority.
Enjoy

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54233 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 3:52 PM

A holiday and/or a full night's sleep. Not had either for years.
Photographically - an imagination.

AnneB50
24 Oct 2013 - 10:03 PM

Quote: I am in good health and all I want is to stay that way.

Can't argue with that Gary

capto
capto e2 Member 21005 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2013 - 11:45 PM

When you stop wanting you will have lost your interest.Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014493 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2013 - 3:51 AM

Seriously?

steve486
steve486  3126 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Oct 2013 - 9:10 AM

february in glencoe, you might be home for march!

CDSINUK
CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
25 Oct 2013 - 10:03 AM

ive given up on photography for now, the more i'm learning the more equipment I want,
it just is all out of reach at the moment, you don't see many photo's comps being won with basic equipment these day's, not that I purely want to win competitions that is, i just always feel out of the running, after a recent trip to sky I was so disapointed with my photo's quality wise,
ive just decided to give up, the wanting and needing and constant let down of kit lenses was getting too much Sad

AnneB50
25 Oct 2013 - 11:06 AM

Quote: Ive given up on photography for now, the more i'm learning the more equipment I want,
it just is all out of reach at the moment, you don't see many photo's comps being won with basic equipment these day's, not that I purely want to win competitions that is, i just always feel out of the running, after a recent trip to sky I was so disapointed with my photo's quality wise,
ive just decided to give up, the wanting and needing and constant let down of kit lenses was getting too much Sad

Ah Chris that is such a shame, you have some lovely images in your portfolio, must admit though I've done the same with golf. Not my equipment that is at fault there though!!

Anne

Last Modified By AnneB50 at 25 Oct 2013 - 11:08 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.