Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Suggestions to help me sleep.

13 Dec 2011 2:34PM
On a week of nights, should be asleep but can't. Any suggestions as come 7am on sunday morning i will be the grumpiest gal on the planet if i don't get much sleep Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 Dec 2011 2:37PM
I have comments from several people that our album Sound of Flak Unbalanced helps them relax and get to sleep.
That will be a blatant plug then Wink
...and I'm not sure sending people to sleep is a good thing for our music, but I guess if it works ..lol
13 Dec 2011 2:42PM
If you did not live so far away, I am assuming that fact, I could tuck you in bed and read you a bedtime story, albeit at about 8am in the morning.GrinWink

The only other useful suggestion is to stay up when you get home; go out for an afternoon drink, get home and have a lovely dinner of comfort food, tetties, dumplings, etc., then you should sleep right through until the following day. Mind if you have a hubby, kids, and a dog, then that throws my plan out the window, and a further simple solution is way beyond my brain.
13 Dec 2011 3:18PM
Ah thats a shame, being read a bedtime story by a cheeky geordie dwarfTongue probably wouldve done the trick lol. Start at 10pm and finish at 7am from now until saturday. The man of the house still unfortunately not got a job but passes out on the sofa in the drop of a hat, when wakes up will have to ask him what the secret is, maybe boredom Wink
13 Dec 2011 3:29PM
When I worked nights I found the best way to get some sleep during the day was by having a 1 hour session in the gym, home for a light snack and a glass of wine - no tea or coffee, then straight to bed.

It didn't work every time, but the wine made me feel better about it.
13 Dec 2011 3:35PM
I don't drink, one drinker in the house is enough Sad
Don't think i could drink at that time in the morning anyway Tongue
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
13 Dec 2011 3:36PM
When I was in the police, came home after night shift at this cold and dark time of the year, made myself a cooked breakfast (dropped the tea or coffee) and went to bed, snuggled up to a warm wife who stood up after a few minutes and I fell asleep in seconds. Worked for me...hope you find something that works for you.
justin c e2
11 4.6k 36 England
13 Dec 2011 3:40PM
Take up running and cycling. You'll sleep like a log if you do enough miles Smile
13 Dec 2011 3:41PM
Thanks guys. Only did 2 nights last time but have 5 this week and know how ill i felt last time as only had 3 hours sleep. Someone coming and bashing me on the head may be the only solution Wink
13 Dec 2011 3:44PM

Quote:Take up running and cycling. You'll sleep like a log if you do enough miles Smile

Got an hours stroll home after i finish my shift as other half doesn't see 7am and at 6.50 a time can't afford a taxi so maybe that will make me sleep.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2011 3:46PM
I have a friend who writes a weekly magazine about fertilizer - if you ever have trouble sleeping those are ideal things to read.
13 Dec 2011 3:49PM

Quote:I have a friend who writes a weekly magazine about fertilizer - if you ever have trouble sleeping those are ideal things to read.

Think that would definately work lol Tongue
maroondah e2
11 239 1 Australia
13 Dec 2011 4:18PM
Hi Kathryn,

Don't try to sleep straight away. Find a friend who likes taking pictures and go for a walkabout. You will enjoy being out and make yourself a little more ready for a sleep later in the morning. Failing that turn the TV on watch 5 minutes of Jeremy Kyle and that should send you straight to sleep.
Cheers
GerryWink
Les_G e2
7 148 4 Scotland
13 Dec 2011 4:20PM
I tend to agree with the folks who suggest staying up a while, I used to go swimming then home to a bowl of porridge before trying to sleep.....eye mask also helped!
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2011 4:28PM
How about a warm bath with some nice relaxing smellies (has that already been suggested?)

Some vigorous exercise right before bedtime can also help.

There are some herbal remedies which may help - hops and valerian is one which is supposed to aid relaxation.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.