Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Suggestions to help me sleep.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 5:14 PM

Quote: Fresh air and excercise, a walk.

I'm yawning just thinking about it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Dec 2011 - 5:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
14 Apr 2012 - 7:43 PM

Watch TV, pick any channel it doesn't matter which.

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2012 - 7:54 PM

Don't have a tv SadSad

avacreates
2 Jun 2012 - 1:06 PM

I sympathies, I can't sleep either and I just don't have an answer for you, I just stopped by to let you know, you're not alone in your long hours of wakefullness

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2012 - 5:51 PM

The warm bath, peppermint and camomile tea (double dose if I'm feeling a bit 'up') and reading something fairly soothing by a bad light tends to work for me. I often find it hard to sleep if I have coffee, regular tea or coke after midday. You may find it is hard if you have these after midnight?

User_Removed
2 Jun 2012 - 6:11 PM

Try one of these

British, non-patronising, works brilliantly, money back guarantee

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2012 - 6:27 PM

Hi guys. Been back on days a while, still don't sleep wonderfully well but thats what comes of being a pepsi max addict! Could be worse Tongue

Kathryn

NikonNovice
2 Jun 2012 - 8:30 PM

Just give up trying to sleep normally after nights. Sleep what you can when you get home from work and try and get a few hours early evening before you go to work. Not the same as a full nights sleep but those few hours kip will help you get through a nightshift. If there was a one fix cures all for everyone you would have heard about it before now. You have my sympathy as a fellow nightshift worker.

Last Modified By NikonNovice at 2 Jun 2012 - 8:31 PM
kathrynlouise
2 Jun 2012 - 9:05 PM

Thankfully not on them anymore! Still don't get much sleep but put that down to the pepsi max! Need a nice man to cuddle, that'll help me sleep or not Tongue

ElmsArt
ElmsArt  782 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2012 - 5:00 AM

I am weird. If I cannot sleep a cup of coffee does the trick. I put it down to years of night shift. I used to have a coffee to keep me awake to drive home. Then went straight to bed. Am sure my system now thinks that is the way things should be.

MeanGreeny
3 Jun 2012 - 11:39 AM

I used to suffer from a seriously awful inability to relax in my younger years. I'd regularly lie awake to 2 or 3 am.

I was later taught breathing/relaxation techniques for use in rifle shooting and one night decided [sheer luck] to apply it and see if it could help. To my delight [next morning] I was asleep in very short order and continue to do the same every night since. It never takes me longer to get to sleep than 10-15 seconds once I've decided to do so [no matter what time of day or night].

Forget about trying to sleep - that only makes the problem worse. Consider relaxation as the way forward and the sleep will naturally come.

There's also an element of confidence about it. Once you know such a method works then failure to sleep isn't a problem.

HTH

Last Modified By MeanGreeny at 3 Jun 2012 - 11:40 AM
polis_928tadw59

Looks like everyone has taken the tips posted here, and all have fallen to sleep, like Rip Van Winkle.TongueGrin

PS. I am still waking up about 2am and spend time " thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark......" then I start remembering old love songs, old girl friends, and cry myself to SLEEP.SadSadWinkGrin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 5:21 PM

You're not tired enough. Also, as one gets older, less sleep is needed..........

.................... er, so they tell me! Wink

Quote: thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark

Ah the memories! Smile

polis_928tadw59

Thanks Carabosse for the music, but don't rub my nose in it - "like a sail-boat ride", all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry, at the harbour.Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 7:42 PM

Quote: all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry

You're lucky to have afforded it, I had to wade through the river! Sad

(Here we go, here we go etc! Grin)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.