Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Suggestions to help me sleep.

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
21 Dec 2011 5:14PM

Quote:Fresh air and excercise, a walk.
I'm yawning just thinking about it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman 11 15.3k England
14 Apr 2012 7:43PM
Watch TV, pick any channel it doesn't matter which.
kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2012 7:54PM
Don't have a tv SadSad
avacreates 3 362 1 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2012 1:06PM
I sympathies, I can't sleep either and I just don't have an answer for you, I just stopped by to let you know, you're not alone in your long hours of wakefullness
SueEley 8 271 96 Wales
2 Jun 2012 5:51PM
The warm bath, peppermint and camomile tea (double dose if I'm feeling a bit 'up') and reading something fairly soothing by a bad light tends to work for me. I often find it hard to sleep if I have coffee, regular tea or coke after midday. You may find it is hard if you have these after midnight?
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2012 6:11PM
Try one of these

British, non-patronising, works brilliantly, money back guarantee
2 Jun 2012 6:27PM
Hi guys. Been back on days a while, still don't sleep wonderfully well but thats what comes of being a pepsi max addict! Could be worse Tongue

Kathryn
NikonNovice 7 103 1 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2012 8:30PM
Just give up trying to sleep normally after nights. Sleep what you can when you get home from work and try and get a few hours early evening before you go to work. Not the same as a full nights sleep but those few hours kip will help you get through a nightshift. If there was a one fix cures all for everyone you would have heard about it before now. You have my sympathy as a fellow nightshift worker.
2 Jun 2012 9:05PM
Thankfully not on them anymore! Still don't get much sleep but put that down to the pepsi max! Need a nice man to cuddle, that'll help me sleep or not Tongue
ElmsArt 8 82 1 Scotland
3 Jun 2012 5:00AM
I am weird. If I cannot sleep a cup of coffee does the trick. I put it down to years of night shift. I used to have a coffee to keep me awake to drive home. Then went straight to bed. Am sure my system now thinks that is the way things should be.
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
3 Jun 2012 11:39AM
I used to suffer from a seriously awful inability to relax in my younger years. I'd regularly lie awake to 2 or 3 am.

I was later taught breathing/relaxation techniques for use in rifle shooting and one night decided [sheer luck] to apply it and see if it could help. To my delight [next morning] I was asleep in very short order and continue to do the same every night since. It never takes me longer to get to sleep than 10-15 seconds once I've decided to do so [no matter what time of day or night].

Forget about trying to sleep - that only makes the problem worse. Consider relaxation as the way forward and the sleep will naturally come.

There's also an element of confidence about it. Once you know such a method works then failure to sleep isn't a problem.

HTH
9 Apr 2013 5:10PM
Looks like everyone has taken the tips posted here, and all have fallen to sleep, like Rip Van Winkle.TongueGrin

PS. I am still waking up about 2am and spend time " thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark......" then I start remembering old love songs, old girl friends, and cry myself to SLEEP.SadSadWinkGrin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 5:21PM
You're not tired enough. Also, as one gets older, less sleep is needed..........

.................... er, so they tell me! Wink

Quote:thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark

Ah the memories! Smile

9 Apr 2013 7:35PM
Thanks Carabosse for the music, but don't rub my nose in it - "like a sail-boat ride", all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry, at the harbour.Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 7:42PM

Quote:all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry

You're lucky to have afforded it, I had to wade through the river! Sad

(Here we go, here we go etc! Grin)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.