Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Suggestions to help me sleep.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53992 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 5:14 PM

Quote: Fresh air and excercise, a walk.

I'm yawning just thinking about it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Dec 2011 - 5:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
14 Apr 2012 - 7:43 PM

Watch TV, pick any channel it doesn't matter which.

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2012 - 7:54 PM

Don't have a tv SadSad

avacreates
2 Jun 2012 - 1:06 PM

I sympathies, I can't sleep either and I just don't have an answer for you, I just stopped by to let you know, you're not alone in your long hours of wakefullness

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 7271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2012 - 5:51 PM

The warm bath, peppermint and camomile tea (double dose if I'm feeling a bit 'up') and reading something fairly soothing by a bad light tends to work for me. I often find it hard to sleep if I have coffee, regular tea or coke after midday. You may find it is hard if you have these after midnight?

User_Removed
2 Jun 2012 - 6:11 PM

Try one of these

British, non-patronising, works brilliantly, money back guarantee

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2012 - 6:27 PM

Hi guys. Been back on days a while, still don't sleep wonderfully well but thats what comes of being a pepsi max addict! Could be worse Tongue

Kathryn

NikonNovice
2 Jun 2012 - 8:30 PM

Just give up trying to sleep normally after nights. Sleep what you can when you get home from work and try and get a few hours early evening before you go to work. Not the same as a full nights sleep but those few hours kip will help you get through a nightshift. If there was a one fix cures all for everyone you would have heard about it before now. You have my sympathy as a fellow nightshift worker.

Last Modified By NikonNovice at 2 Jun 2012 - 8:31 PM
kathrynlouise
2 Jun 2012 - 9:05 PM

Thankfully not on them anymore! Still don't get much sleep but put that down to the pepsi max! Need a nice man to cuddle, that'll help me sleep or not Tongue

ElmsArt
ElmsArt  782 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2012 - 5:00 AM

I am weird. If I cannot sleep a cup of coffee does the trick. I put it down to years of night shift. I used to have a coffee to keep me awake to drive home. Then went straight to bed. Am sure my system now thinks that is the way things should be.

MeanGreeny
3 Jun 2012 - 11:39 AM

I used to suffer from a seriously awful inability to relax in my younger years. I'd regularly lie awake to 2 or 3 am.

I was later taught breathing/relaxation techniques for use in rifle shooting and one night decided [sheer luck] to apply it and see if it could help. To my delight [next morning] I was asleep in very short order and continue to do the same every night since. It never takes me longer to get to sleep than 10-15 seconds once I've decided to do so [no matter what time of day or night].

Forget about trying to sleep - that only makes the problem worse. Consider relaxation as the way forward and the sleep will naturally come.

There's also an element of confidence about it. Once you know such a method works then failure to sleep isn't a problem.

HTH

Last Modified By MeanGreeny at 3 Jun 2012 - 11:40 AM
polis_928tadw59

Looks like everyone has taken the tips posted here, and all have fallen to sleep, like Rip Van Winkle.TongueGrin

PS. I am still waking up about 2am and spend time " thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark......" then I start remembering old love songs, old girl friends, and cry myself to SLEEP.SadSadWinkGrin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 5:21 PM

You're not tired enough. Also, as one gets older, less sleep is needed..........

.................... er, so they tell me! Wink

Quote: thinking about things, Like a walk in the park, Things, like a kiss in the dark

Ah the memories! Smile

polis_928tadw59

Thanks Carabosse for the music, but don't rub my nose in it - "like a sail-boat ride", all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry, at the harbour.Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 7:42 PM

Quote: all I could afford was a 3d. fare on the local ferry

You're lucky to have afforded it, I had to wade through the river! Sad

(Here we go, here we go etc! Grin)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.