Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Suggestions to help me sleep.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Apr 2013 7:44PM
Wade through t' river? You were lucky, all we had was thick mud to wade through.Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

10 Apr 2013 6:58PM
You lot down south never knew that you were born. Thick mud, in summer, must have been warm and very comforting. The winter of 1962-63, it was so bad, and cold and bitter, that we could not sleep. We had to burn our Chippendale furniture to keep warm. And so we did not have to go to the outside 'netties' (toilets to you upper classes darn sarf; I wonder if Buck Palace had outside loos ?) we were allowed to use the family Ming vases, 'cos the poes would freeze up in the bedroom.GrinTongueSadSad Aye we lived through hard times oop norf.Wink
RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
10 Apr 2013 10:04PM
There was 6 of us used to huddle round a candle. When it got really cold our dad used to light it.
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
10 Apr 2013 11:27PM
Seriously, when I wanted to give up smoking I went to a hypnotherapist. He didn't stop me smoking, I did that a few years later. But what it did teach me was an easy form of meditation and for the last fifteen years I've used it often.

No religious clap trap or gurus, just an everyday basic technique for clearing your mind and relaxing. If you want it, sleep follows. I'm a quite highly strung individual by nature and used to hate waiting at airports, for example. Now, I can just sit back and in seconds be relaxed and unworried.

I drive to the south of France several times a year and can now pull into a rest area on the autoroute, put myself into a doze for 20 minutes and come round relaxed and rested. It has eliminated the awful and dangerous thing of driving when I'm tired.

It's dead easy but takes a lot of practice, you have to persevere. If I don't sound like some kind of loony, if you PM me, I'll tell you how I do it and you could likely amend it for your own preferences.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
11 Apr 2013 7:39AM
I've been using a simple form of meditation for over 20 years, and there's no real way of knowing what benefits I get from it, but I used to have a chronic lower back ache, a hiatus hernia, and few other nagging little problems that have all disappeared over the years. It also helps me relax and clear my mind, as you say David. I've told several people on here how to do it, but they seem to find it too hard, or haven't gotten back to me. I have no trouble going to sleep, about 30 minutes after I take a pill.Wink
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 9:06AM

Quote: I have no trouble going to sleep, about 30 minutes after I take a pill

Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
11 Apr 2013 10:14AM
I drunk half a bottle of lemonade last night (yes, really), and had the best sleep for ages. So good that I didn't wake up until about 7.00, did what I had to do, then fell asleep again until 9.00! That said, I had weird dreams about travelling by train and meeting up with loads of EPZers up in Leeds, some of whom I recognised, but it was a weird one and very crowded and I couldn't wait to get away and get back on the train to London. I'll keep off that lemonade from now on. Grin

Quote:I've told several people on here how to do it, but they seem to find it too hard, or haven't gotten back to me.
I think you told me StrayCat. It was interesting but as you say, it was too hard and I've absolutely no patience. Sad
11 Apr 2013 2:05PM

Quote:I drunk half a bottle of lemonade last night (yes, really), and had the best sleep for ages.

I had better stop mixing lemondae with my whisky, then. I'll just stick to beer and whisky.TongueWink

11 Apr 2013 8:13PM
Started working nights permantly 2 weeks ago. Any advance on 3 hours sleep a day Sad
Think i should be in the grumpy group Tongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
11 Apr 2013 8:26PM
Your already in the Grumpy group Smile
11 Apr 2013 8:57PM

Quote:Your already in the Grumpy group Smile

Lack of sleep is leaving me fuddled and confused!! Blush
woodlark e2
10 538 1 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 11:42PM
...why not invite the Wacom spring competition judge around to your house to show you his photo slideshow.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
12 Apr 2013 2:33AM

Quote:...why not invite the Wacom spring competition judge around to your house to show you his photo slideshow.

Lol! Grin
28 May 2013 7:49PM
ZZZZZZ........ Looks like kathrynlouise is getting her sleep, nowadays. No progress report from her.Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.