Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Suggestions to help me sleep.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43608 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM

Wade through t' river? You were lucky, all we had was thick mud to wade through.Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

You lot down south never knew that you were born. Thick mud, in summer, must have been warm and very comforting. The winter of 1962-63, it was so bad, and cold and bitter, that we could not sleep. We had to burn our Chippendale furniture to keep warm. And so we did not have to go to the outside 'netties' (toilets to you upper classes darn sarf; I wonder if Buck Palace had outside loos ?) we were allowed to use the family Ming vases, 'cos the poes would freeze up in the bedroom.GrinTongueSadSad Aye we lived through hard times oop norf.Wink

RogBrown
RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2013 - 10:04 PM

There was 6 of us used to huddle round a candle. When it got really cold our dad used to light it.

lemmy
lemmy  71768 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Apr 2013 - 11:27 PM

Seriously, when I wanted to give up smoking I went to a hypnotherapist. He didn't stop me smoking, I did that a few years later. But what it did teach me was an easy form of meditation and for the last fifteen years I've used it often.

No religious clap trap or gurus, just an everyday basic technique for clearing your mind and relaxing. If you want it, sleep follows. I'm a quite highly strung individual by nature and used to hate waiting at airports, for example. Now, I can just sit back and in seconds be relaxed and unworried.

I drive to the south of France several times a year and can now pull into a rest area on the autoroute, put myself into a doze for 20 minutes and come round relaxed and rested. It has eliminated the awful and dangerous thing of driving when I'm tired.

It's dead easy but takes a lot of practice, you have to persevere. If I don't sound like some kind of loony, if you PM me, I'll tell you how I do it and you could likely amend it for your own preferences.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014469 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 7:39 AM

I've been using a simple form of meditation for over 20 years, and there's no real way of knowing what benefits I get from it, but I used to have a chronic lower back ache, a hiatus hernia, and few other nagging little problems that have all disappeared over the years. It also helps me relax and clear my mind, as you say David. I've told several people on here how to do it, but they seem to find it too hard, or haven't gotten back to me. I have no trouble going to sleep, about 30 minutes after I take a pill.Wink

lemmy
lemmy  71768 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 - 9:06 AM

Quote: I have no trouble going to sleep, about 30 minutes after I take a pill

Grin

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54207 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 10:14 AM

I drunk half a bottle of lemonade last night (yes, really), and had the best sleep for ages. So good that I didn't wake up until about 7.00, did what I had to do, then fell asleep again until 9.00! That said, I had weird dreams about travelling by train and meeting up with loads of EPZers up in Leeds, some of whom I recognised, but it was a weird one and very crowded and I couldn't wait to get away and get back on the train to London. I'll keep off that lemonade from now on. Grin

Quote: I've told several people on here how to do it, but they seem to find it too hard, or haven't gotten back to me.

I think you told me StrayCat. It was interesting but as you say, it was too hard and I've absolutely no patience. Sad

Last Modified By SlowSong at 11 Apr 2013 - 10:16 AM
polis_928tadw59

[quote]I drunk half a bottle of lemonade last night (yes, really), and had the best sleep for ages.

I had better stop mixing lemondae with my whisky, then. I'll just stick to beer and whisky.TongueWink

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 8:13 PM

Started working nights permantly 2 weeks ago. Any advance on 3 hours sleep a day Sad
Think i should be in the grumpy group Tongue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314915 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 8:26 PM

Your already in the Grumpy group Smile

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Your already in the Grumpy group Smile

Lack of sleep is leaving me fuddled and confused!! Blush

woodlark
woodlark e2 Member 10522 forum postswoodlark vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 11:42 PM

...why not invite the Wacom spring competition judge around to your house to show you his photo slideshow.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2013 - 2:33 AM

Quote: ...why not invite the Wacom spring competition judge around to your house to show you his photo slideshow.

Lol! Grin

polis_928tadw59

ZZZZZZ........ Looks like kathrynlouise is getting her sleep, nowadays. No progress report from her.Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.