Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Summer at Padley (open territory and beyond)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    C_Daniels
    C_Daniels  9399 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2007 - 11:42 AM

This is my third and final attempt at uploading this particular meet with the new system which for some reason keeps denying me coverage. I''m sorry if this fails and a lot of you don't get to hear about it Sad

To complete the seasonal get together at Padley Gorge I've decided to include a summer meet there. This time I plan to cover the area towards the top end where the stream runs through open country, before moving off to other locations near by. I would like to get a few more shots from the Lawrence field which has a great lone tree and interesting rock formations, before moving on to either Surprise View or Stanage Edge for some low light/sunset pictures...

It's my intention to park up on the main road that runs parallel with the gorge down to Grindelford in the vicinity of the ice cream van at around 3.30pm on Sunday the 12th of August. Perhaps I'll see one or two of you there Smile

Last Modified By C_Daniels at 6 Aug 2007 - 11:46 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Aug 2007 - 11:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022911 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2007 - 11:56 AM

3.30 on an August Sunday afternoon may not prove easy to park by the ice cream van, if it's sunny and warm, especially if you want others to join you, Caleb...and the police are jumping on white line parkers this summer.

C_Daniels
    6 Aug 2007 - 1:57 PM

Anyone who can't or doesn't want to park near the ice cream van at the top could park on the slope to railway station where Grindelford cafe is. Just leave enough time for the walk up through the woods in the gorge (about 15 - 20 miniutes) in order to meet up near the ice cream van at 3.30pm...

Thanks Keith Smile

barry john
    barry john  1025 forum posts England
    6 Aug 2007 - 6:47 PM

Hi Caleb, had a great meet earlier this year with you and the gang, I have a wedding on the 11th and should be home on the 12th Hope to meet up again
    Thanks Barry John

Mounters
    Mounters  784 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:26 PM

Certainly food for thought, I need to check my orders for the weekend

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:47 PM

Quote: may not prove easy to park by the ice cream van, if it's sunny and warm

So everyone parks eleswhere and Keith turns up at 3:29 to find plenty of parking places Smile

Last Modified By JJGEE at 6 Aug 2007 - 10:48 PM
    keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022911 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 8:58 AM

Thwarted!!!!!

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108375 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 10:53 AM

Quote: Thwarted!!!!!

We know you so well Keith!

Wink

C_Daniels
    7 Aug 2007 - 8:52 PM

You taking orders for cornets Keith yet...?

Smile

mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 10:49 PM

Sadly cannot make this weekend but would be interested in another autumn meet. If someone can save me a 99 'til then please!!
    Mike

RipleyExile
    9 Aug 2007 - 9:10 AM

Pencil me in.

RipleyExile
    10 Aug 2007 - 11:35 AM

Bring your coat as it's forecasting light showers for the Grindleford area on Sunday at the moment. Mind you, that'll probably change to torrential downpour come Sunday itself. Sad

C_Daniels
    11 Aug 2007 - 5:08 PM

And I thought we'd had the rain for one summer Alex Sad

See you all there Smile

RipleyExile
    13 Aug 2007 - 9:16 AM

See, I mention coats and rain and we get bright sunshine all afternoon. Shame about the lack of a sunset though.

C_Daniels
    13 Aug 2007 - 9:37 AM

A good day out Alex - one of the best visits there although they are all interesting...We saw a lighter side to Padley which contrasts well with the heavy wooded area which we've visited in the past.

Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.