Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Super moon photography tonight

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 May 2012 10:51PM
Some tips I've kept:

Settings:

(1) Put camera on tripod. Use cable release if possible.

(2) Camera to Manual.

(3) ISO to 100 if possible or to 200 if that is the minimum. Make sure auto-ISO is turned off.

(4) Aperture to f/11.

(5) Shutter speed to 1/125 for ISO 100, and 1/250 for ISO 200. But bracket either side of these speeds.

(6) Lens to manual focus and set focus to infinity. Lens should be minimum 200mm (on FF) or equivalent on smaller sensors. But longer is better!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 May 2012 11:06PM
Wish me luck, see all your uploads tomorrow who ever taking part pls post a link here if u get some good results pls Smile

Good luck to all Smile
patters e2
10 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
5 May 2012 11:11PM
Where is the moon?
5 May 2012 11:13PM
Good luck to you too RW, will be heading out shortly the moons bright, but not looking that big here in the Scottish Borders at the moment.
6 May 2012 1:04AM
The moon finally came out, yey Grin its like a really long twilight now, barely any visible stars, can plainly see the horizon against the sky, very light night. Have not been out yet but i am tempted, been admiring the view all night long Smile
6 May 2012 3:28AM
Managed only a few shots of the moon before some dirty great clouds drifted in, nearly garrotted myself on the washing line trying to find the best position Grin
canon 7D. Sigma 800mm
moon-009.jpg

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 May 2012 3:48AM
Nicely captured, Rhona. Smile
6 May 2012 3:30PM
Agrees, lovely image, the moon always looks the same but i never tire of seeing it, like everything else in the night sky, i find it fascinating.
6 May 2012 4:10PM
Thanks CB & AlexandraGrin
Did anyone else get images ?
I did! Not as good as I hoped but will be uploading shortly! Thanks for anyone who joined in/helped out and took part Wink hope u all had fun Smile
no where near as impressive as the one above, but not bad for my first attempt Tongue
Taken with canon 550d and tamron 200mm lens

img-2676.jpg

6 May 2012 4:53PM
Good oh you got it Grin it's great to be able to see the craters isn't it.
Yeah its amazing what you can see, just a shame i didnt have a super telephoto lens! Sad that will have to be on my xmas list ha ha Tongue
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
7 May 2012 12:06AM
It was a bit hazy tonight (well that's my excuse anyway! Wink). Here is my effort, handheld at 300mm (FF equiv) - because I couldn't be bothered setting up the tripod in the dark. Last time I tried that I tripped over one the legs and almost fell! Grin

moon6may2012.jpg

looboss e2
8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
7 May 2012 6:46PM
as always as with any other type of celestial event... guess what? it was cloudy! Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.