Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Superb for Wildlife

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    3 Apr 2011 - 8:06 PM

Just been to a Laurie Campbell wildlife photography workshop in Fife today and took over 300 images using my Sigma 150-500mm zoom. The OS system started to get on my wick a bit with it's purring and spluttering so I turned it off and left it off.

Despite that, I have over 300 pin-sharp images at all focal lengths from 150mm to 500mm. It has really reinforced my view that this is one fantastic lens for the money. (including hand-held at only 1/640 sec without OS)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Apr 2011 - 8:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85908 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Apr 2011 - 9:32 PM

Let's be seeing 'emGrin

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014648 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 5:21 AM

Yes, post a few.Grin

User_Removed
    6 Apr 2011 - 3:33 PM

As I think you know, Straycat, I deleted all my gallery images from EPZ after I had a photograph disqualified from a national competition "because it had been previously published on an online magazine". I still don't know if it was EPZ or PhotoRadar but I am now reluctant to take the risk with images that I might wish to enter in competitions in future.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 3:34 PM

Just post your bad ones then. Smile

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 4:02 PM

Or post them to flickr/photobucket and link them here?

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 4:05 PM

Quote: Or post them to flickr/photobucket and link them here?

Don't think that's allowed?

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 4:42 PM

Nothing stops him putting a link in his profile to a filckr/photobucket/blog/personal website with his stuff on it Grin

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014648 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 10:27 PM

Yes, I seem to remember something about that now you mention it. Competitions are out of my league.Tongue

User_Removed
    8 Apr 2011 - 11:59 AM

Quote: Just post your bad ones then. Smile

OK - Here is one that would certainly not be good enough to use as a competition entry. But that, of course, also means that it is not a particularly good example of the lens.

For the record: 1/500sec at f/7.1. ISO 1600. 250mm (150-500mm)

owl.jpg

southpole
    southpole  355 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jul 2011 - 1:36 PM

Is this correct any competition entries cannot be on the website ???

f8
    f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2011 - 9:07 AM

I think there is some confusion about the word and meaning of published. my interpretation (right or wrong) is previously published in a magazine for reward in a competition would preclude you from entering said photo in another competition unless the rules allowed it.

Publishing on the web in a non competitive manner and for no reward would not.

User_Removed
    6 Jul 2011 - 7:49 PM

Quote: (right or wrong)

Wrong I regret to say.

Published means just that - made available in a form that the public can see.

However competition rules do differ. Some forbid entries that have been published in any form. Others, as you suggest, restrict that prohibition to images that have been entered in other competitions.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.