Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Sussex Autumn Meet - 06/11/2010

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
17 Sep 2010 4:27PM
Annual Sussex Autumn Colour, meet is to take place in St. Leonards Forest, near Horsham, West Sussex.

A return visit from last year when we had a good time in the rain Wink... Hopefully there will a little less rain this time.

Due to other commitments this appears the only date to suit but hopefully there will still be plenty of photographic opportunities amongst the trees, ferns & gills.

If you are interested do please ask any questions or add your name in the members' meet diary

Jeff

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
17 Sep 2010 4:36PM
Juliee 8 382 4 England
18 Sep 2010 12:23AM
I'm up for this.

Took the dog for a walk over there on Wednesday, beautiful day and I must say it's all starting to look very nice. No sign of the leaves turning just yet.

I had a good wander round and only managed to get a bit lost.

If you're around during the week Jeff and fancy a exploring a few routes pre meet, let me know.
dwilkin 8 24.2k United Kingdom
19 Sep 2010 12:51PM
I'm in! See you all there!
Juliee 8 382 4 England
24 Sep 2010 3:39PM
It's our village bonfire night on the 6th! So I won't be able to stay too late in the afternoon as I'll have about 15 people and kids coming back for a nosh and boozing session.

I'll probably aim to stay till about 3ish though.

Is it just the three of us?!

And does anyone mind if I bring the Dog?
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
25 Sep 2010 10:57AM
There are a couple of others indicated interest to me via the pm system but not yet added their names to the list !

Quote:And does anyone mind if I bring the Dog?

I though it was the dog bringing you Wink
alfpics 12 357 England
27 Sep 2010 10:35PM
Hi guys,
Hope to be able to join you - but will not know until nearer the time
Andy
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
2 Oct 2010 4:47PM
Almost ready !
It was raining Smile
It was muddy Smile
Colours... turning but not ready just yet Smile ( Well we do not want them ready as there is still a few weeks to go before the meet )

forum2.jpg

On my way somewhere else this morning but the weather was not looking too good so stopped off at the "meet" location for a brief visit and to get some practice Wink

Would anyone else like to come along for an amble through the forest ?
Juliee 8 382 4 England
4 Oct 2010 11:53PM
Hope the wind drops a bit in the next few weeks. If it keeps on like this there'll be no leaves left on the trees!

Things are certainly starting to colour up Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
17 Oct 2010 9:34AM
Had a brief visit again last week, this time with a local expert / tour guide Wink

Sorted out some locations, or to put it slightly differently... locations to give a miss ! !

Also found some nice areas by a couple of the gills but quite slippery on the rocks / slate but there are alternative paths for the less adventurous Smile

Apart from that looking good and fingers crossed for three weeks time.

A couple more people have indicated an interest but if there are any more please do add your name or ask any questions

Jeff
Juliee 8 382 4 England
17 Oct 2010 5:39PM
The less adventurous need not worry, I'll be bringing a qualified water rescue dog! Smile

I think the plan of following the stream will be a good one. I'm looking forward to this.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
28 Oct 2010 4:09PM
Just over a week to go now, I am unable to make another visit to see how things are so am keeping my fingers crossed.

If anyone Wink can make a visit during next week for an update that would be great Smile

Jeff
Juliee 8 382 4 England
31 Oct 2010 6:32PM
I probably won't make it over there before Saturday, but I can say that it's all looking very autumnal round here all of a sudden.
We were away all last week and when we drove home down all the familiar routes, everything seemed to have burst into colour.

The forecast for the beginning of the week is wet wet wet, so hopefully those colours will be nicely saturated again!

Glad we seem to have gained a couple more attendees. Does Darren know the forest isn't walking distance from a station??
dwilkin 8 24.2k United Kingdom
3 Nov 2010 11:37AM

Quote:Does Darren know the forest isn't walking distance from a station??

Whoops - no, he didn't! Is it too late to cadge a lift from a convenient location?
Juliee 8 382 4 England
3 Nov 2010 4:05PM
I can pick you up from Hassocks again if you let me know the time. It should take about 30mins to get to the meet point from there.
I have to be home by about 4pm in the afternoon though, so you might want to catch a lift with someone else for the return journey.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.