Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Swopping ISP's

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    BillS
    BillS  827 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Mar 2006 - 9:23 AM

I want to change my ISP . I'm disgusted with Tiscali Broad Band , it's down more than it connects. They tell me that if I cancel it will be upto 15 days before they free the line .
    As anyone had experience of this ? Any advice welcome .

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Mar 2006 - 9:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92978 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Mar 2006 - 9:33 AM

Migration has speeded up this last few years. They are just playing with time hoping you will change your mind, an old trick. You do say `up to 15 days` but all should be done within 7.
    Ken

ellis rowell
    12 Mar 2006 - 9:38 AM

I have been using Tiscali for several years now with no problems. So it may not be Tiscali's fault, they use a BT line, if it is the line which is the problem then it won't make any difference whose service you have. Make enquiries locally to find out how other people get on. My local line has been in place for around 25 years so its not the latest super efficient line.

Goatsmilkuk
    12 Mar 2006 - 9:56 AM

I'm with Tiscali have had some good and bad with them, a lot of connection probs not long ago, then being billed for phone calls even though I am on package where I pay up front to call 01 and 02 numbers 24/7. All because they (Tiscali) did not raise the order with BT, took 6 months to sort it, but all seems to be running fine now.

Stu

FatHandedChap
    12 Mar 2006 - 10:47 AM

We're with Tiscali and have occasional bouts of down time, but this is due to BT not upgrading the exchange - and we're right at the end of the line as far as broadband is concerned.

Apart from that we've had no complaints with them.

Tony

Mark_Readman
    12 Mar 2006 - 10:57 AM

I have a MAJOR problem with tiscali, they will not take my money, month after month they refuse to bill my credit card and send nasty letters warning of debt collection agencies, despite my credit card been online for years they appear to have got in a complete mess, when I call up they want me to give the credit card details in person to a Indian call centre where all calls are recorded, one point, no data protection laws in india, they send e.mail stating they will collect it at the end of the month as they have re verified the online credit card but never do, so my best option is wait for them to cut me off and sooner the better, then they can bill me and ill send a cheque

BillS
    BillS  827 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Mar 2006 - 2:32 AM

Everything seems to be working fine at the moment . Thanks for the response .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.