Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Synching iMac and iPad

DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 10:55AM
Hi, I wonder if anyone could tell me what might going wrong between my iMac and iPad.

I use 'Calender' a lot and the two machines are supposedly set to sync. Trouble is all entries on the iPad disappeared after a time. Even if I entered on it in the first place, but they stay on the iMac.

The iPad only has entries going back about 6 weeks, which is very frustrating sometimes when I want to look back at something and am not near the iMac.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Jude

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 11:22AM
I assume you have icloud installed - check under icloud control panel that you have celendar/reminders set to sync all items, and not just the past two weeks, month or whatever.....we use it with an Ipad 1 and windows PC, but should be the same.. Other than that have you used all of.your Icloud space?

All I can think of....
DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 1:48PM
Many thanks for the suggestions. I will check both.

Jude
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 3:45PM
iPad settings - go to mail, calendars, notes - choose the account (cloud) - then scroll down and ensure the sync settings are set how you want them.
catgirl73 e2
6 142 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2012 5:02PM
18 Nov 2012 5:42PM
Might be your iPad is only set for the last couple of months. Check the settings, to keep or display events for as long as you need them on the iPad.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.