Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

System choice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

reefman
reefman  2
16 Jul 2012 - 7:05 AM

Ah yes forgot about that too busy thinking lenses

Bagwise was looking at kata 3n 1 or lowepro 202 but both quite big but like the idea of both allow quick and easy access to camera

Ill take a look at the think tank / tamrac you mention too

Ive also got uv and polarisers on order too

I

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2012 - 7:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 8:57 AM

Handle the bags before you buy - even better is to take you camera with you, put them into the bag and see how easy it is to use as you envisage. I looked at the Kata and little things like clip positions and the way I had to pull the camera out of the bag killed it for me. You may find differently. For rapid retrieval of the camera I still think the benchmark is the LowePro Slingshot.
No camera bag does everything so don't be surprised if you find yourself humming and hah-ing for ages. Like many people I have more than one - four in my case depending on what gear I want with me at any one time. And wanting to carry a tripod is a whole new ballgame.

reefman
reefman  2
17 Jul 2012 - 9:00 PM

I'm now a proud owner of a 7d with 15-85 and Tammy 70-300 cant wait to get out over the weekend after some indoor familiarity with it.

I like the idea of a bag that doesn't shout camera out load - I saw a incase sling which looked good but may be a bit small - think I've read something similar about the Kata and access. Will my kit fit in the Lowepro 202aw?

any ideas on a strap its certainly heavy round the neck with the Tammy on

thanks again guys

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 8:26 AM

My 30D+70-300+18-55 fitted in the Slingshot 200 so you should be OK and the pockets held exta battery, filters and the like.
As for straps, I recently bought a handstrap from Jacobs for 20 which I think is quite good but I am also looking for a shoulder harness type thing to take the weight of my neck. The Cotton Carrier system seems to be my front runner at the moment. Another option is the belt clip so the camera hangs from your waist but I am yet to be convinced.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.