Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

T & C Changes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 7:26 PM

Any clues? Or am I supposed to remember what they said before? At least a clue to which page has changed would help! Wink

Last Modified By csurry at 26 Apr 2010 - 7:26 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Apr 2010 - 7:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 7:29 PM

I am going with this page - based on the date at the bottom.

I think the changes are to do with the pic of the week.
    But a New indicator nextt to the new stuff would be good.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    roxpix
    roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 7:33 PM

As I understand it the word 'grind' has been removed Wink

Snapper
    Snapper  93657 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 8:09 PM

Quote: I am going with this page - based on the date at the bottom.

Number 23 is a bit of a strange one as I think most other sites wouldn't keep a copy when you delete the image.

When an image is deleted from the gallery, we keep the image on our server. You can request that this be totally deleted by contacting our office.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 8:28 PM

Quote: Number 23 is a bit of a strange one as I think most other sites wouldn't keep a copy when you delete the image.

Bet they do. It's fairly normal practice to mark an image as inactive rather than physically remove the file from the disk.
    That way they can undo accidental deletes.

At a later date a script may remove deleted images from the server to recover the space, but I have no idea if Epz do that or not.

SueTurner
    SueTurner  981 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 9:07 PM

Quote: But a New indicator next to the new stuff would be good.

- that would be extremely helpful

I noticed in January this year, that there was a new rule in the Monthly Photography Competition - no Highly Commended or Editors Choice pictures would be allowed to enter see quote below

Quote: In the interest of fairness, images that have been uploaded onto ePHOTOzine and received either Highly Commended or Editor's Choice awards will not be eligible to win. Therefore, please do not enter any 'award' photos into competitions.

I think this should be made more clear too

steve_kershaw
    26 Apr 2010 - 9:42 PM

has anybody (who isn't a sad git) ever read the terms?

if you have read the terms then you probably read the instructions on how to assemble an ikea cabinets and probably know the manifest of all the political candidates

QuentinS
    QuentinS  926 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2010 - 9:59 PM

Quote: When an image is deleted from the gallery, we keep the image on our server. You can request that this be totally deleted by contacting our office.

It's straight forward - imagine someone posts an "inappropriate" image, leaves it up for a couple of days and then deletes it. EPZ needs to keep it on the server so as to handle any complaints / legal action that may result.

Quentin

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2010 - 10:00 PM

Well I like to know what has changed - just in case the change is something like "we now own all uploaded images and can do with them what we want"...

QuentinS
    QuentinS  926 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2010 - 10:03 PM

Quote: Well I like to know what has changed - just in case the change is something like "we now own all uploaded images and can do with them what we want"...

New Scientist periodically has examples from T&Cs that nobody reads - some of them include "you give your soul to satan" for instance. Others equally bizarre!

Quentin

lobsterboy
    26 Apr 2010 - 10:12 PM

Quote: But a New indicator next to the new stuff would be good- that would be extremely helpful

I have logged it as a suggestion.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.