Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

T-Mobile Data Card

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
wotashot
wotashot  102249 forum posts
1 Aug 2006 - 3:25 PM

Does anyone here have a T-Mobile Data Card that they use while on the move?

I'm after a honest verdict on them, at 17 per month its the cheapest datacard around but is there a catch with that?

Many Many Thanks in Advance,

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Aug 2006 - 3:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

croberts
croberts  92160 forum posts Ireland8 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2006 - 3:55 PM

I used to use a Vodaphone 3G datacard, and hated it. just about OK in a 3G area, and for the money i was paying, was total s**t when in GPRS mode. Much prefer my nokia phone.

How much data will you be sending? if its stuff that can wait until a WiFi hotspot, then it will be a lot less expensive.

If its only a small amount, then a bluetooth connection with your phone from phojo or a laptop, will do the job nicely. If you're getting paid for the pics, add the wiring costs to the bill. I normally add 4 a pic, to cover my costs, and the hassle.

timiano
timiano  9894 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Aug 2006 - 6:48 PM

We've just been trialling them. Don't expect wanders, but compared to anything else it is brilliant. A pure bargain, and I recommend them to anyone on the move.

Just ordered me ma one, so they gotta be good Smile

stuwhitt
stuwhitt  91354 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Aug 2006 - 10:55 PM

In my experience T-Mobile and quality coverage don't go hand in hand, in fact one of my local T-Mobile retail shops was in an area with no signal

timiano
2 Aug 2006 - 12:02 AM

Agreed,

I don't think T-Mobile coverage is as good as the other networks. But, about 99% of my work is under good coverage areas.

To be honest, for the price you can't go wrong really.

User_Removed
2 Aug 2006 - 7:48 AM

Quote: at 17 per month its the cheapest datacard around

Is that flat rate, including all of your transfers?

timiano
2 Aug 2006 - 12:08 PM

17+VAT, unlimited data transfer, but subject to a 2GB AUP. Breach that 2 months in a row and expect a letter through the door.

Can not be used for VoIP (which I thought was a bit out of order), and a loosely described messaging, which could mean anything from IM to mail, so I think that one is a very big grey area. To be honest, I don't think it'll be a problem, maybe Skype maybe tracked.

We've had no problems though, and I repeat, for the money there is no alternative. Although expect Vod, O2 and Orange to respond with something soon.

wotashot
21 Aug 2006 - 12:39 PM

Think one of these is the only sensible option for me now - After using the 6310i in anger for the first time at a football match it cost me 10 to wire one image!!!!

jamie

stevekhart
21 Aug 2006 - 1:06 PM

Timiano - are you getting hsdpa with it? They were supposed to launch in the UK 01 Aug, but no mention of the service on their site, that I can see. What's the fastest rate you're seeing? TIA.
Steve.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2006 - 4:32 PM

Jamie if you do get T-Mobile can you update this with thoughts on the service, etc later as I've been contemplating getting one for a few weeks but can't decide as I hear varying reports as to coverage and customer support.

wotashot
22 Aug 2006 - 9:14 AM

Certainly will do Cheryl - Wont be getting one for a few weeks if I do but i'll post my thoughts up here.

Infact: If Pete wants to get me one to review I'd gladly write another fantastic piece of text giving a detailed and accurate report of its performance in the field!

Jamie

csurry
22 Aug 2006 - 10:20 AM

Ta muchly

csurry
22 Aug 2006 - 10:20 AM

Ta muchly

wotashot
22 Aug 2006 - 1:35 PM

Its quite alright.

ATTENTION PETE

ATTENTION PETE

If your reading this, scroll up mate Wink

csurry
22 Aug 2006 - 4:15 PM

Pete, I think Jamie would like to test the robustness of the T-Mobile data card as part of an epz review Smile)

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.