Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ta Da! Or Here's a New Website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 5:20 PM

Ok well after I won a foliopic portfolio in the recent black and white competition I've spent some time putting together a few galleries.

There will be some future updates, like some articles, but this is as far as I have got at the moment.

I will be keeping the Photium site. Originally I was going to use this for some new work, but as it is easy to load with images from ePZ, well it kind of ended up with a lot of the same stuff for now.

Light Painting

Last Modified By csurry at 5 May 2010 - 5:20 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 May 2010 - 5:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1
ray1  10518 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 5:33 PM

Looks great to me and beautiful phots.

Jalapeno
Jalapeno  4127 forum posts Iceland2 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 5:45 PM

well done! I am so envious of your drop shots......lol I just cant get mine so beautiful......

Great photography and nice layout!

csurry
5 May 2010 - 5:51 PM

Thanks both.

Does anyone think that there is anything missing? I know I need to add better descriptions, but I had to remove the ones from here as most were jokey.

Will try to add some articles this weekend.

I do want to play with the layout a bit, but trying to keep it clean, to which end the long description on the gallery page will need to go, that's not where I had envisioned it being shown. I thought it would appear on the first page of the sub-gallery.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72226 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 6:02 PM

Hi Cheryl, I'm finding the font-size on the verge of being too small, which is compounded by the lack of contrast between the font and bg colour.

csurry
5 May 2010 - 6:10 PM

Possibly true Andrew, I'm viewing on a large screen and did think that, but thought it may just be because of the screen size.

I may enlarge the font, or darken the background a little. I want to introduce some other colours, but not got around to editing the template yet.

csurry
5 May 2010 - 7:25 PM

Tried a larger font, but it messes up the layout on the gallery page. Would need to investigate the whole template further I think to make such changes.

So I've changed to to a darker background. I did also set the site wide text colour much darker, but it appears not to have had an effect.

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 8:29 PM

I like - and as your banner at the top of your PF gives you a link to it - I had already seen the website two weeks ago! Tongue However, you've added some stuff, I like the layout, love the images, and the slideshow at the beginning is mind-bogglingly good. Hooowwwever, I would like to see an 'about me' section, I like reading those, and also, some of your best drops aren't on there Sad Some of the earlier stuff I loved.
Jonah

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 8:38 PM

Nice and simple.
Excellent selection of photos.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72226 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Quote: Tried a larger font, but it messes up the layout on the gallery page. Would need to investigate the whole template further I think to make such changes.

So I've changed to to a darker background. I did also set the site wide text colour much darker, but it appears not to have had an effect.

That's heaps better Cheryl - makes so much difference.

csurry
6 May 2010 - 8:11 AM

Thanks guys.

I'll have a play with the template. Yes Jonah I know a few people had found it because of the link from here, but I had not finished the basic edits so had not publicised it.

Will update the other pages this week and add a couple of articles. Will add some more drop shots after the weekend.

One feature I don't like is having to have images in groups of 6 to match the template as I wanted all portrait/landscape orientation on each line. I would like more control over the gallery page, like saying 5 x 3 for the thumbnails, but I've already requested it.

Will see what I can do. I did like the lighter colour background, but will have to think but the readability with it.

Shane136
Shane136  1163 forum posts United Kingdom
13 May 2010 - 7:58 AM

Stunning work cheryl, like the site, if i could get my BOP pictures half as good i would be pleased Grin A joy to see
Shane

csurry
13 May 2010 - 8:00 AM

Thanks Shane.

I haven't had time to make any other updates, but will try tonight and tomorrow night to see what I can do.

Shane136
Shane136  1163 forum posts United Kingdom
13 May 2010 - 8:08 AM

I will keep popping back and have a look... Merlin shots are just so outstanding... Grin
Shane

csurry
13 May 2010 - 8:41 AM

The merlin shots to which you refer were taken on a Northshots photographic holiday in February. I will be adding some other shots, but first I want to add some articles and see if I can use CSS to address a couple of the design issues.

Thanks again

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.