Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Table Top Tripods

csurry
12 9.2k 92
26 Mar 2009 9:21AM
Does anyone know of a table top tripod that has a range between say 6 and 18 inches.

I can find ones that are one height or that look very unstable more like a back light stand.

I need them not to support a camera, but another item, much lighter that has a tripod thread.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks
Cheryl

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 10:41AM
Have a look in 7 day shop they had some.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
26 Mar 2009 10:47AM
Was trying to avoid 7DS as I need them for definite for next weekend. My home setup for the paint splashes involves stacking square vases to the appropriate height, but that's not practical with 60 odd people wandering around. Plus I've been meaning to sort the issue out properly once and for all and have something more configurable than vases and books! Grin

So was hoping to find something at WE, but no luck. Or even dare I say Jessops.

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good one - prepared to pay 50 each, if they are stable. I already have some of the cheap ones free from mags and the like, but they really on do about 6 inches.
andart e2
12 491 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 11:14AM
could this hama at picstop do the job?
csurry
12 9.2k 92
26 Mar 2009 11:20AM
Thanks Andy, just found that one at Amazon, and it does look like it could do the job.

Think that could be the one.

See I knew someone would help me find one, and you've confirmed my own findings.

Not sure about the extension, but it could come in handy sometimes. But certainly one of the more flexible options.

Originally I was going to get a second ergorest from 7DS, but they must have sold them all.
andart e2
12 491 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 11:26AM
the velbon looks really sturdy but has a min height of only 30cm
csurry
12 9.2k 92
26 Mar 2009 11:44AM
Yeah 30cm is too high as a starting height.

Think the hama looks most flexible.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.