Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tablet Computers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jun 2012 - 2:00 PM

Did you just say something nice about an Apple product????.......I need a lie down.Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jun 2012 - 2:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
5 Jun 2012 - 2:10 PM

LOL

For years on my ePz profile my favourite gadget was iPhone but I didn't like the way the app store and iTunes worked. I still think it's wrong that you can't shop around for your iPhone apps in the same way you can for software for your Mac or PC.

I get entangled in the Mac v PC debate as I genuinely think Macs are a waste of money and that the reflective screen is bad for photography applications and that there's nothing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC.

I'd recommend the Mac to certain people, computer novices, elderly etc due to all of the hand-holding and that they are less likely to be target by malware. Managed to get to paragraph three before saying something that someone somewhere will find offensive. That's good going for me.

BillSz
BillSz  4 United States
5 Jun 2012 - 6:26 PM

Well, I made my decision and went out and bought the Asus Transformer TF 300 with the keyboard dock. I love it! The only thing is I am discovering that there is a definite learning curve, since I've never worked on a touch screen device before. Heck, I don't even own a cell phone!
The Asus uses Android Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm not sure if there may be a way to adjust the touch sensitivity of both the tablet screen itself as well as the touchpad on the keyboard. It will sometimes do things I don't intend it to do, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Any advice would be appreciated.
And thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions.

User_Removed
5 Jun 2012 - 7:22 PM

Bill I find having the touchpad enabled doesn't suit the way I type as I keep catching it. It can be turned on and off with a single button (top row, fourth button). Either plug in a mouse or just touch the screen.

lemontart
lemontart  154 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jan 2013 - 9:39 PM

Has anyone used the samsung note 10.1 I keep looking as I like the idea of the stylus for editing when away from home and not having to lug the laptop round

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 2:12 AM

I've gone so used to being able to connect to the web, with my smartphone, without depending on WiFi. Does anyone use a tablet with 3G/4G? Is it worth the considerable extra?

jimbro
jimbro  137 forum posts Scotland
29 Jan 2013 - 6:15 AM

I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 16GB
It's a great tablet but it can only reliably handle a 32GB MicroSD card. I've tried 64GB in it but it doesn't recognise it so I'd recommend the 32GB version
I store all my music on it and I also have a 750GB USB2.0 HDD I can connect to with all my photos on it.

If you are looking for a more powerful tablet, the Asus Transfomer is the one.
The newer ones have quad core CPU and can take a docking keyboard which extends battery life and gives 2 additional USB ports as well as a full size SD card slot
The Galaxy Tab 2 has a dual core 1GHz CPU which I find is enough for me
You can also get adapters to take a low power USB device(HDD,etc) or one to take an ethernet cable
Mine isn't the 3G version so I use a Three mifi router instead. Means I'm connected anywhere I get a signal

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 8:25 AM

Quote: Well, I made my decision and went out and bought the Asus Transformer TF 300 with the keyboard dock. I love it! The only thing is I am discovering that there is a definite learning curve, since I've never worked on a touch screen device before. Heck, I don't even own a cell phone!
The Asus uses Android Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm not sure if there may be a way to adjust the touch sensitivity of both the tablet screen itself as well as the touchpad on the keyboard. It will sometimes do things I don't intend it to do, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Any advice would be appreciated.
And thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions.

I had trouble with the sensitivity...try a stylus pen. they're great for touching detailed links but fingers are still better for scrolling. Smile

I've also seen touch sensitive gloves (have ordered a set as a `joke' present for a friend!!!!! WinkGrin

Christographer_Hull

I'm currently using the Google Nexus 7 and i use it for editing, storage and display. I looked at the 10 before purchasing it but something like that would be to big for me to carry around other wise it would of been perfect.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023169 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 12:09 PM

WinkI bought a tablet, mouse and keyboard but the shop called it a 'laptop'.

Last Modified By keithh at 30 Jan 2013 - 12:11 PM
User_Removed
30 Jan 2013 - 2:17 PM

Quote: Does anyone use a tablet with 3G/4G? Is it worth the considerable extra?

Not when I can use my smarthphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and get the same effect. Last summer in London rather than pay the hotel wi-fi fee we worked a laptop and tablet using phone as hotspot.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 4:28 PM

As with Chris.

The only thing you need to be careful of is that using your phone as a wi-fi hotspot will potentially increase the rate at which you use your data allowance.

jimbro
jimbro  137 forum posts Scotland
8 Feb 2013 - 6:42 PM

I use a Huawei mifi router with a 3 sim card in it.
Great 3G reception everywhere

monstersnowman

Or get an O2 pocket hotspot and rather than use your allowance log onto BT Openzones s and open wifi networks.

MrDennis
MrDennis  5229 forum posts Wales
17 Feb 2013 - 11:58 PM

For those using the Sam Gal Tab 2-10.1...This is what I use with mine. I got the 16GB one.
I use a 32GB 10speed card (got 2). I also got the OTG lead that lets me connect my Pen Drive up to 32GB. I also got a 2.5" hard drive, a THecus Nano with a 40GB IDE hard drive that has a small AA battery holder. Holds 4 x AA's (I use Rechargables) and the Tab 2 10.1 recognises it when Battery Pack is connected.
I also have a Xs Drive 2 with an 80GB IDE HD with battery pack and that is also recognised. Both were wasting away in the draw, now put back into GOOD use.
I also got a Leather cover with Keyboard but I fuffed up the connection on that so Don't use it. There again I got use to using the onboard keyboard anyway.
I use for my Photography when ever I need to. Next buy is a Mi-Fi Unlocked, probably the Hauwei E586ES.

Hope this info is of any use to you..
regards
Dennis

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.